Sub Ask a sub

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Thalassa, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

Ask questions about D/s (Dominance, submission),the lifestyle, related kinks/ fetishes (e.g. bondage, S&M, etc.)

For submissive men and women to respond to.

Please quote the question when replying to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2018
    SweetLesGirl and AllIn4Luv like this.
  2. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

What does submission mean to you, personally? What does it entail?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2018
    SweetLesGirl and Azazel666 like this.
  3. EveHerself

EveHerself Well-Known Member

Money:
    1,483⛀
    To me it means submitting to the desires of your partner, which can be a surprisingly active role when you’re with someone who’s not overtly dom, it means being in a state desiring nothing but the pleasure of your partner

4. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

Do you have a question in there? Perhaps to be explained the lifestyle? Or did you just want to say that? (Totally cool if that is what you want to do)

SweetLesGirl and Donjuan85 like this.
  5. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

It is different for all Doms and subs. There are many nuances in this lifestyle. There are extremes, but there is a whole lot more in between.

D/s is not at all about lack of freedom. It has to do with -- for the lack of better words -- dominating and submitting, with power play. It becomes for us, subs, the way to greater freedom, as contradictory as it sounds.

Some subs are happy on restricted freedom. What seems like a "no freedom" life to others, is actually a happy life to them - they choose to give up different things... be it decision-making, veto power, food / clothing choices, etc. Perhaps they don't like deciding on those things. Perhaps they actually enjoy being told what to do. An across the board "giving up of all choice-making" is the extreme. A lot of us are in-between.

For example - During sex, I don't want to have to make decisions. At all. I want someone else to be in control. That turns me on. And allows me to be completely free and completely in the moment.

And btw, it is "D/s" not s/d. Capitalized "D", and small letter "s"

6. Misha000

Misha000 Guest

My experience of this is just very limited, but I actually prefer to be sub in the bedroom too. I never thought I was that way inclined because im the most controlling bossy person you could know. I also have OCD and anxiety.

7. TallulahBlue

TallulahBlue Well-Known Member

Money:
    23,015⛀
    *shows up with a question about a meatball sub and realizes that probably isn't what this thread is about*

Z-0000, Pistil, Thewretched1 and 10 others like this.
  8. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

Oh you know that's the Sub way. Getting footlongs, and that too only for $5. Although tastes best when free. Toppings definitely welcome.

(Joke only works if you know the franchise I am referring to...)

9. xyzrp

xyzrp Well-Known Member FCN Regular

When was the first time you realised you wanted to be a sub? Not the conflicting thoughts but the final decision.
    What made you decide that you want to go for it?

SweetLesGirl, LillyK and Thalassa like this.
  10. Voodoo

Voodoo Member

Money:
    10,440⛀
    I think I have always identified as sub in the bedroom as it has always been about giving for me. But that also feeds my RL Alpha personality as I feel successful when they achieve pleasure and are satisfied. After a recent long term relationship breakdown I began an online connection with a Dom who has encouraged me to explore it further and the freedom he has afforded me by cum control and him being the decision maker there. Seriously enlightening, and relaxing to drop my control and put it in his hands. Very much a learning curve.... but my submission has afforded me an emotional stability I have not enjoyed previously.

Pistil, Alexa79, AllIn4Luv and 4 others like this.
  11. LilithX

LilithX Guest

Some keep it in the bedroom, which is more like role playing. For others it’s a lifestyle. The way I see it is this- what happens in the bedroom is an extension of everyday life. So, the little things that contribute to the dynamic only intensify what happens in the bedroom. Example: Dom chooses the dress, panties, nail color, and how his sub will wear her hair for a special dinner. In turn, she knows she’s pleasing her Dom by allowing him to lead her. It takes immense trust, but can be a very rewarding and erotic dynamic.

Pistil, LillyK, Alexa79 and 6 others like this.
  12. LilithX

LilithX Guest

Ditto. And that sounds like abuse.

Alexa79, MannyMan, Slopps and 4 others like this.
  13. Voodoo

Voodoo Member

Money:
    10,440⛀
    There's a difference between allowing someone to make choices and/or decisions for you and ENJOYING that position and having someone remove your freedom to live as you choose. D/s for me is an agreed co-existence based on mutual trust that each will contribute to the overall needs of the other.

14. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

I never had conflicting thoughts. When I first came across it, I read up as much as I could find. It clicked. Everything made sense in how I behaved towards a man when I was in a relationship, the extent I would go to for his approval, for his pleasure not for mine, the way I worshipped him.

I didn't have to "decide to go for it". It is who I am, who I always was. I never knew what world I belonged to, until I discovered it. While having all the terminology to define things and to define myself, I will however also say that labels are just that too... labels. You cannot force yourself into a label, just because. You cannot live life according to others' expectations of you, or even your own perceived expectations of yourself. There are things about us that just are, and that we cannot change about ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2018
  15. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

Gujjuguy, SweetLesGirl, xyzrp and 3 others like this.
  16. Keira

Keira Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Perfect..so much truth in this..

This part..

"They’re stable. That means mentally and emotionally. Everyone gets mad, not everyone has to have a temper tantrum when they do it."

Made me laugh but oh so true..

And "fake Doms" ..epidemic lately

SweetLesGirl, xyzrp, Thalassa and 2 others like this.