Criminal Justice Chemical castration for Pedofiles/rapists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Demi_x, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Demi_x

Demi_x Weirdo FCN Regular

Money:
    3⛀
  2. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    203,630⛀
    If wrongly convicted person ends up in jail and later gets exonerated, they go back to living their life. If a wrongly convicted person gets irreversibly mutilated, there's no going back.

3. Demi_x

Money:
    3⛀
    I believe it is reversible, I think you are assigned to a program and need to constantly be injected and once you stop your body will naturally restore, although I'm not sure how hard the data is on that

4. Stanthropical

Money:
    203,630⛀
    Prolonged/permanent testosterone blocking probably has irreversible health effects. Can't imagine htat being good for bone density or cardiovascular health. Who knows what else.

5. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,479⛀
    Chemical castration was just passed in Alabama. This law requires people who were convicted of certain sex offenses, including rape, sodomy or incest, involving victims younger than 13 to receive chemical castration as a term of parole.

While it does work, science has proven that there are drastic side effects

6. LittleRedhead

LittleRedhead Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    526⛀
    I know what the victim of rapes go through unfortunately from first hand experience, though I would NOT want my rapist to be castrated.

Because I'm sure that even if he was castrated, he would just find another way of raping again if he got the chance. And rapist usually escalates in how they rape. And the chance of DNA traces at a crime scene will be slimmer and harder to prove if the person is guilty or not.

I'm by NO MEANS stating that it's okay to rape!

Instead I believe they should be in forced therapy for x numbers of years after proven guilty. Preferably in a closed psychiatric facility....

7. Stanthropical

Money:
    203,630⛀
    Or in jail, so he could potentially experience the same and his ass kicked daily.

GamerGirl92 and Demi_x like this.
  8. LittleRedhead

Money:
    526⛀

That is an option too, but unfortunately that doesn't mean he will stop raping since he still feel like he needs to be "getting his fix by raping"....

We can agree that they are doing some of the worst kind of crimes because the survivors (victims) will have to live with questions such as "why me?" For the rest of their lives even if they move on.

I fully believe they need to be punished badly, but unfortunately where I'm from (Denmark) you'll get worse prison sentences by manipulating your taxes than by raping.....

9. LittleRedhead

Money:
    526⛀
  10. blulittlegirl

blulittlegirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

11. Elii92

Elii92 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Don't think castration would do anything. That would just end up with being able to rape without risk of impregnentation, therefore a smaller chance of getting caught

12. Demi_x

Money:
    3⛀
    Chemical castration basically eliminates libido, that means the sexual drive wouldn't happen.

It's equivalent to getting a dog fixed without surgery.

sexym1 likes this.
  13. Dogowar

Dogowar Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Why give them a chance to walk around with decent folk. Lock them away, throw away the key and let the internal prison system show them the error of their ways.

I'm sure when they've had it done to them inside they'll soon learn.

blulittlegirl likes this.
  14. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,479⛀

It doesn't completely eliminate but severely hinders. Scientists are not exactly sure how much it drops, but it is case by case. Some may be affected more. Some people may have no libido

sexym1 and Dogowar like this.
  15. Dogowar

Dogowar Well-Known Member FCN Regular

It caused the death of one of the brightest minds of the past century. Alan Turing. Chemically castrated in the 1950s for being gay. Killed himself because of the side effects. The loss of a brilliant mind because of the country's inability to look past an individual's sexual preference.

16. savage__

savage__ New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    936⛀
    to avoid innocents from being mutilated, a better system should be used....
    maybe like a belt around the waist with a lock/similar on it....key which is held by authorities/such

17. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,036⛀
    I'd be inclined to support it , except the risk of an innocent person being convicted is too high. Especially in the U.S were notoriously bad eyewitness statements are used in court all the time. A better solution would be life without the possibility of parole. Most sex offenders reoffend, and a lot escalate in the types of things they do over time. So why let them out at all? In my state they have started to give them consecutive sentences if they are convicted by jury . They gave a guy last year 460 years.That is fine but just make the sentence natural life and be done with it .

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  18. Oldgymrat

Oldgymrat Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    51,454⛀
    I dont honestly know if chemical castration would work... you'd need a period of incarceration as well. Then at some point, they would be inclined to let the offender out... history is full of impotent sexual offenders... chemically inducing impotence will just lead to a new level of resentment and perhaps more violent abuses..... my 2 cents...

19. Holtplegal30

Holtplegal30 New Member

Money:
    110⛀
    It has been proven to the contrary that most sexual offenders are first time offenders to take and chemically castrate all sex offenders would be a violation of personal rights as well as political responsibility. What needs to be done is not a mass witch Hunt but a categorized evaluation of every offender to determine the likelihood of re- offending and not over classification and branding. What about the individuals that are lied to or honestly didn't know the victims age? What about people that have literally done nothing wrong but are incarcerated because of a jealous ex or something of that nature??? The problem is the government has created a mass hysteria making people believe that all sexual offenders are pedophiles. What about a kid that turns 18 and has relations with a girl that lied about her age he has to be branded because the parents want to press charges or the state does if the parents don't? We as a people have a duty as Americans to seek JUSTICE not promlugate atrocities such as Megan's law. Megan's mother stood up in new Jersey in front of city hall where she lived denouncing Megan's law because it was and is not used for what it is intended for... Think about your ramblings before you put broad statements out there to the public like that

20. Holtplegal30

Holtplegal30 New Member

Money:
    110⛀
    Additional the have been studies on recidivism that state contrary results so therefore no accurate statement can be made on the risk of reoffending