Does god exist? and if yes then why they cant be seen in present time?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by goku1234, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

Ok, assuming Mr. Carlin be correct... and we are fucked... tell me, why would this perfect God create an imperfect specimen... and then have us have to prove ourselves... despite our flaws and imperfections... to try to make it into heaven? It's like giving a calculus test to a bunch of little kids who know not what to do, and expect them to ace it.

Demi_x and MannyMan like this.
  2. MannyMan

MannyMan Well-Known Member

Money:
    17,875⛀
    God is a prankster! Either that or we're the test tube babies of the bunch, hence why Aliens stop by and chuckle at us from their flying saucers.... ahhh sigh!

xyzrp, Billy_B and Thalassa like this.
  3. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

I didnt wanna be the weirdo who brought up aliens and their inevitable anal probes, but yea, fine I'll jump on board that flying saucer :D

4. MannyMan

MannyMan Well-Known Member

Money:
    17,875⛀
    That's the cruel irony of it all I guess...

Aliens.jpg

5. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

6. Badkid1924

Badkid1924 Member

Money:
    279⛀
  7. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

To the aliens, right? Yea I figured so, too. Smh...

8. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

He just wanted to use us for heavy industry, and of course to make plastics.

Once we f*ck ourselves over, it's the ants and bees turn ;)

9. Billy_B

Billy_B Well-Known Member FCN Regular

You said it brother, lay that shit right down. Should be selling lead pencils from a paper cup.

10. Lakeside

Lakeside Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    112,922⛀
    I'm an atheist but am willing to concede, the possibility although remote, that a deity does exist.
    I'll make a giant leap of faith here and assume what is written about him is based on facts. Evidence exists that he was active here on this planet for millenia, trying his/her hand at creating life.. etc.. (The first life on Earth). Like everyone does, you sit back and observe the results of your experiments. Each step up the evolutionary tree is knowledge gained so each experiment into creating more and different life is more complex than the last. When it was realised he/she had hit a dead end, as would anyone, wipe the blackboard clean and start again (IE: Extinction of dinosaurs, sent a comet did the wiping)
    So, along comes man. In the early days, its well documented that this deity was actively involved in the day to day operations of the human race. He'd part the odd sea here or throw a few miracles there and people wrote this stuff down.
    Then, he/she sent his son. He/she most likely figured the son would need some 'hands-on' experience if he was going to inherit the universe one day.
    It was about this time when the evidence of his/her existence ceased to be revealed.
    Human's murdered his/her son. He/she probably thought about blotting this planet out of existence at that point in time. The alternative is, he/she resurrected his/her son, packed up his cosmic toolkit and the pair moved to the far side of the universe to try again with a 'new lump of clay'. He/she's washed his hands of us and we're on our own now.

That's my opinion based on things like 'created in his image' (Assume it means free thinking too)
    Logic. He/she would have to know emotions to give creatures emotions. Emotion as a parent should someone murder your child, I doubt this deity would want to morbidly hang around the site of the son's death.

So, based on that...
    Does God exist? Quite possibly.
    Does God still look after this planet, nope.

Ls x

xyzrp, Lovinglife9 and Wales4Ever like this.
  11. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

Hitchens in 5...

12. Doros_DukeOfSlutshire

Doros_DukeOfSlutshire Active Member

I say i@god@ is a human creation, it exists in religion. God is where we fear the unknown, where we fill the gaps with comforting dogma. Gives hope, all the love, feel of justice....

We know that religion is not logical, no evidence based. We are so smart yet we still have same needs as before, many people need spirituality, even scientist go to church. Spirituality isn't religion tough.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  13. Billy_B

Billy_B Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Nice Work, ace of spades....top shelf

Wales4Ever likes this.
  14. Kat273

Kat273 New Member

Money:
    5⛀
    God exists, and he will show himself to you, if you have a relationship with him. I've been experiencing God since I was a kid. It is absolutely amazing.

15. Doros_DukeOfSlutshire

Doros_DukeOfSlutshire Active Member

Using logic solely:

" it is not solvable to prove that a matter exists without proving its in a first place'

Thats why atheism doesn't compute with logic.

Set of beliefs - > ideology---> religion....

Less is more, meaning in the core of a religion there is a a nucleus that can be universal which holds a spine and a level field at the same time.. and that's about it. Different iterations under different names have unraveling notion - hermetic constructs will cage a ones perception unable to go beyond its borders. Not defined enough will have less chance of holding its against other ideologies. Fort that matter capitalism spawned consumption ism is a strong contender ;)

16. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,512⛀
    [​IMG]

xyzrp and Lakeside like this.
  17. Male_uk

Male_uk Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    11,128⛀
    Man was around along time before the time of the Great flood and has depicted the animals they used to hunt and live along side.

Dinosaurs haven't been one of these animals.

I think SAB is on the money. They were flipped off.