Fav book series?

Discussion in 'Film, Music, Literature, Art' started by MsEvaline, Mar 25, 2018.

1. MsEvaline

MsEvaline Well-Known Member

Money:
    46,607⛀
    Thanks! what do you enjoy most about the series?

2. Grix

Grix New Member

Money:
    72⛀
    For sci-fi I think Frank herbert's Dune series is a near must for any sci-fi fan.

As for historical drama/fictio check out the Kent family saga by John Jakes. 1st book is the Bastard.

3. Silk-BG

Silk-BG Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Brandon Sanderson finished the "wheel of Time" series but the other series he's written are pretty good too.

Quinn99 likes this.
  4. MsEvaline

MsEvaline Well-Known Member

Money:
    46,607⛀
    Thanks Grix, I'm looks forward to adding these to the list and reading them on a warm summer day.

5. So hard to pick a favourite series as I have some I like for different reasons. Outside of Historical books for work purposes I tend to read a lot of Fiction.

Sherlock Holmes books, Brent Weeks - Night Angel series, Dune mammoth collection, Anno Dracula - Kim Newman. Probably a dozen others I could add.

6. Grix

Grix New Member

Money:
    72⛀
    You're welcome.
    Both series are excellent.

7. Calazviel

Calazviel Guest

I am currently on Brandon Sanderson's The Stormlight Archive and it is beautiful epic, yet feels personal and the characters are likeable and the depth of details amazing without feeling overwrought.

I've read the first two books of Patrick Rothfuss's Kingkiller Chronicles and completely loved those and eagerly awaiting the 3rd and final instalment.

Similarly I loved Dune and Dune Messiah and they are must reads for sci-fi fans but didn't find the subsequent books in the series as strong.

xyzrp and Silk-BG like this.
  8. Alex_AD

Alex_AD Guest

The only book series I've ever read is 'Diary of a wimpy kid' so imma put that out here.

xyzrp likes this.
  9. JustifiedSinner

JustifiedSinner Well-Known Member

Just finished Timothy Zahn's Quadrail series and starting to read the Expanse series by James SA Corey

10. Freebird99

Freebird99 Active Member

Money:
    1,362⛀
    The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, and Kelly Armstrong's Otherworld books.

11. Quinn99

Quinn99 Well-Known Member

The Wheel of Time was fantastic, albeit LONG.

Silk-BG likes this.
  12. Quinn99

The Dark Jewels series by Anne Bishop is good if you like dark fantasy. Well-developed characters. Vivid world.

Lupine likes this.
  13. Lupine

Lupine Guest

I just bought the first one of these to read.

Quinn99 likes this.
  14. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    @ApocalypseCow and I are both into the Tuesday Next series by Jasper Fforde and I like the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I also like the Anita Blake books by Laurel K Hamilton when I am looking for some smut and mystery in one!

xyzrp and Silk-BG like this.
  15. Silk-BG

Silk-BG Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Love the Anita Blake Series ... although everyone, including me, seems to agree it lost it's way into pure smut for a while. The Meredith Gentry series by the same author is a damn sexy read too.

TacoBelle likes this.
  16. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    Agreed so much

Silk-BG likes this.
  17. Quinn99

It’s a pretty interesting read. Light, if you’re used to Frank Herbert, but dense if you’re used to J.K. Rowling. Readable if you prefer either.

Lupine and Silk-BG like this.
  18. xyzrp

xyzrp Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Steig Larson's Millenium trilogy comes to my mind as I'm reading it again.

Keyan likes this.
  19. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Just started Dune again. I've read it loads of times, but still a great series.

20. Vey

Vey Guest

Old Kingdom by Garth Nix
    The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
    Foundation series by Isaac Asimov
    A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin
    Hussite Trilogy by A. Sapkowski
    China Mieville’s Bas-Laq books of New Crobuzon
    Wizard of Earthsea trilogy by Ursula LeGuin

xyzrp likes this.