Information FreeChatNow Forum FAQ

Discussion in 'FreeChatNow Help & Support' started by vitriolicv, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Jodagr

Jodagr Active Member FCN Regular

Maybe if moderators/admins would enforce 'harassment' and ban users we wouldn't ask for additional controls.

2. vitriolicv

vitriolicv Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    119,888⛀
    If by "enforce harassment" you mean act seriously against:
    - vague, nebulous "him hav harazz mes" reports
    - "a user did something I don't like, on MY internet, ban them" reports
    - "a user posted an off-topic message in MY thread which I OWN" reports
    - "a boy talked to me and I am not gay or am a lesbian" reports
    - "there is a penis" reports
    none of which merit attention or investigation, instead of making sure the site is functioning, sure, we'll get right on that. That was sarcasm. I practice daily to keep my skills sharp, see. But no. In ALL of those cases, using the block/ignore functions is the solution.

1) We do not owe anyone an explanation of action we have or have not taken based on their reports, even if it involves harassment, high treason, nuclear warfare, whatever the fuck, I don't care. We do not have the time to sit and explain to every single user that if they don't like something, they can block, or to remind people that it's a forum and therefore everything that is publicly visible is publicly interactable, or even to send a form-letter explaining "thank you for your report, we take all reports seriously and will thoroughly investigate your issue and ensure that Justice Is Done" -- no, because MOST reports are crybaby bullshit.
    2) There was going to be a two but this is way more time than I care to spend on this shit.
    3) NO ONE IS HARASSING YOU BY POSTING ON "YOUR THREAD". You don't fucking OWN a thread! You don't! Get it through your head! For you to say "maybe if you punished harassment" to my reply where I said that you do not get to control access to threads indicates that you still think a thread that you post is "yours." It is not yours. It isn't. Is not. Not-is. The opposite of "is yours." It has entered the public sphere. That's it. The only problems then are if someone is breaking the law or spamming.

Harassment has nothing to do with why you people want additional controls. You people want additional controls so you can control other users' experience, so that you can punish them. No controls you ever get will be about that. The only controls you will ever receive will only ever affect what you see and interact with. If there is some kind of overlap where a control would let you affect someone else's access to the fundamental function of the service -- writing messages, making posts, etc -- then you will not get that control.

Anyway. "Harassment" is one of those words like "trolling," as far as FCN users seem to want to use these words. Both terms are so broad as to be entirely meaningless. If you say "harassment" -- or worse, if your report consists of the word "harassment" -- I'm gonna tune right the hell out. If your reports do not describe what actually happened, I'm going to ignore them. If your report can be resolved by using block/ignore, I'm going to ignore it.

Malady, TacoBelle and Spangle like this.
  3. Kelsey12

Kelsey12 Well-Known Member

Got it. Thanks for the response... you're such a sweetie. ;)

MOZESH likes this.
  4. Raj0022

Raj0022 New Member

Money:
    0⛀

5. Hardhornydick

Hardhornydick New Member

Money:
    6⛀
    How do I send a pic to somebody ? ( I'm on an iPhone)

6. Malady

Malady Afflicted with an illness of some kind. FCN Regular

I think you can directly send pictures in chat with the image icon. If you're wanting to message a particular picture in the forum conversations, you may need to upload it offsite and use the URL. When replying to a thread, there's the "upload a file" option.

7. merlinhatter

merlinhatter Active Member

Money:
    34,833⛀
    What bank for? I don't understand the bank

8. Malady

Malady Afflicted with an illness of some kind. FCN Regular

You can learn about the bank and chat credits here.

merlinhatter likes this.
  9. merlinhatter

merlinhatter Active Member

Money:
    34,833⛀
    Thanks

Malady likes this.
  10. want2now

want2now New Member

Money:
    5⛀
    This is a crazy site, can't figure it out

11. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    203,630⛀
    Are people supposed to guess what you're referring to? I don't like your game.

12. urstruly

urstruly Member FCN Regular

Money:
    14,094⛀
    how does it work when you block users from messaging you. You get a post saying someone tried to message you but you are blocking. My q is what do they see a blank private message or a message saying can't pm???

13. DevilDomDad

DevilDomDad New Member

Money:
    2,212⛀
    hi i have been banned by the chat not sure why it says because i have spammed/scammed ........ i dont remember doing anything that even resembles a spam or a scam ........ you can please check my history pf chats ...... i dont even bother members by repetedly sending PM to them .... i may send one and unless i see a reply i dont bother them ......... in case a member says bye to me i dont even disturb them with PM ........ so kindly please check and then decide if i need to be banned

14. Bryanpenguin

Bryanpenguin Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    2,753⛀
    How do you make a thread? I made one before but completely forgot how to do it.

15. In any area there is a post new thread button. Click on that, on mobile for me it's in the upper right area.

Bryanpenguin likes this.
  16. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,398⛀
    Number 1. Stop being critical. 2:Accidents happen when there are human moderators, and it sounds like this was an accident. Instead of posting, notify an admin to unban you due to a mistake.

17. Bryanpenguin

Bryanpenguin Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    2,753⛀
    Thank you very very VERY MUCH!!! =)

18. AmayaCD

AmayaCD Member

Money:
    87⛀
    Is there a way to share a FCN cam link?

19. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    203,630⛀
    Not at this time.

You can share the link to the room, though.

AmayaCD likes this.
  20. AmayaCD

AmayaCD Member

Money:
    87⛀
    Thanks for your quick answer. How do I share to the room?