Good Politicians?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hedonist, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    8,712⛀
    Can you explain your meme? I don't think I've been keeping up with UK politics as much as I should...This guy is a douche, right? He's the opponent of the good guy Britain wants to win? Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Lurking

Lurking Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,485⛀
    Ha... Hhaha.... Hahahahahahahah...

That is Nigel Farage, he was the leader of UKIP (United Kingdom Independence Party), arguably the guy who brought about Britain's leaving of the EU. He has been an MEP for like thirty years of something and has been in there with the sole intention of getting us the fuck out of the EU.

He's pretty fucking awesome. He did go and help Rudeman out at one point.

The "Good Guy" at the moment is Comrade Corbyn.

May is a bloodsucking vampire who threw away an easy election.

Farage has said he might return to lead UKIP if the Brexit deal doesn't deliver.

Can't Barrage the Farage.

This is worth a giggle.

[​IMG]

Autonomous likes this.
  3. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
    Is an Englishman marrying an Irish woman the equivalent of a female california woman marrying a Wyoming Man?

Deloreonn likes this.
  4. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
    isn't Ireland more conservative than England though?

Deloreonn likes this.
  5. Lurking

Money:
    5,485⛀
    I have no real idea...

I've never looked into Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland's political leanings.

Only time I've noticed the Republic of Ireland in politics was when they refused the Lisbon treaty and had to vote again.

You know to vote the right way....

6. simon2221

simon2221 New Member

Money:
    40⛀
    in the uk we have very little hope of a good politician as you do in american the only good politician is a dead one, weve destroyed democracy and the planet i cannot see a way through unless we kill theresa may in the uk that is.

7. Lurking

Money:
    5,485⛀
    No democracy is alive and well...

If it was something like I don't know a military general arrived and forces you at gun point to vote for this person then no, you don't have democracy any more.

Killing Theresa May, an elected leader would prove your point right that Democracy is dead though.

And without Politicians who then rules?

Would a military ruled country be better for you?

How about some corporations being in charge?

Democracy isn't perfect but it is much better than any other Political choice in the world.

8. simon2221

simon2221 New Member

Money:
    40⛀
    if you look at the world as it is now the politicians are not in power. they are only in place to give the illusion of control it is the corporations who are in control with there global policies. and actually i would suggest that it isn't the only political choice for example if America was a dictatorship whilst barrack was in power then he would have been able to do more good then he did because bureaucratic procedures stopped him from putting things like national healthcare in place. furthermore democracy has proven not to work in a world where wealth is so bountiful why is inequality remaining at an all time highest in a study i was reading for my degree published by the global wealth data book in 2011 those earning under 10,000 usd per year accounted for 67.6% of the worlds population and only 3.3% of the total world wealth in contrast to those earning in excess of 1million usd per year who account for o.5% of the total world population yet have 38.5% of the worlds total wealth. in fact those earning anything over 100,000 usd per year account for 32.4% of the worlds total population (less than a third) and have 96.7% of the worlds total wealth so if democracy is so good why is the world still so unfair and why is there famine and war e.t.c. there is so many ocracie's in the world that haven't been tried how can you say democracy is the best it is like someone being offered a cheese sandwich, a ham sandwich, a chicken sandwich and a tuna sandwich only trying the cheese sandwich and saying that is the best filling ever invented.

9. Lurking

Money:
    5,485⛀
    If America was a dictatorship they'd have another civil war. It isn't simple and for America with the Second Amendment I think which gives the right to bear arms, they would not take kindly to someone lording over them with threats of force.

That is Bureaucracy not Democracy that is screwing over the process.

Democracy is alive and well, just some are corrupt and will accept bribes or whatever to vote a certain way.

Famine and war exist because that is something that has always existed, Democracy has made the world better, not perfect.

I could ask for the British Empire to return but things were fucked up in the Empires day.

I could ask for the Roman Empire to return but things were fucked up in the Roman Empire's day.

I could ask for the Assyrian Empire to return but things were fucked up in the Assyrian Empire's day as well.

What form of Governments haven't been tried?

A Technocracy for example but which nation has a better system than Britain or US? All of the First World Countries use Democracy, majority of them used Monarchy before that.

10. simon2221

simon2221 New Member

Money:
    40⛀
    okay fair point the second amendment is probably more scary then any leader of the 'free world'. Despite my hate for the current political situation, i cannot deny at this point democracy gives us some voice, but it is not the full picture that we are seeing that scares me with today political parties in particular, the Torrie's, The BNL, and UKIP the political setup is controlled by media and by corporations, look at papers like the daily mail typically Torrie favored paper so every news story is anti Left and they never put the full picture in their stories. my statement that democracy is dead is merely because ever since the early 20th century government's have used propaganda and it hasn't changed i do not believe for a second that any choice we make makes a difference we are coaxed into the decisions we make. Remember this is my opinion and maybe i too have been tainted by what i read but i cannot see the democracy we have in this country as a government that is for the best wishes of the many it is instead a government for the few. I have a well payed job but i still think we are being fucked by this so called democratic government ... who keep losing votes.

11. Lurking

Money:
    5,485⛀
    What I understand from the Second Amendment it was implemented for two reasons, one in case the British ever returned they'd have a large amount of troops and weapons ready and for more realistic today style reasons that if the Government ever turns into a Tyrannical overlord they can remove them. Now with many leaders who've taken away guns in the past and been monsters like Mao, Stalin and Poppycock the Americans don't trust people who want to take away their guns.

As a UKIP supporter I'm kinda miffed, it doesn't matter who you vote for.

You could be voting Green party for all I care, it is your vote.

You could spoil your ballot and I'd be fine with it as it's your vote.

Free speech is everything, someone could be out there arguing why let's say something completely fucked up like arguing Nazis were the good guys and they'd be allowed to argue for that, would they win? Probably not if the guy they're debating has their wits about them.

Going back to the Roman Empire people would use their power and authority to increase their influence or the person they liked or wanted influence.

It is a common thing, people do it today, things have changed with social media, someone like me or you can put on our Facebook posts or Tweet something to do with our favoured political leader or something negative about our disliked political leaders. Going back even ten-twenty years that was almost impossible to do.

Now people in papers have more power than us and aren't forced to be neutral, knowing it's propaganda is good, you can then decide what is the real bits and which bits are bullshit.

And you're more than welcome to your opinion, I'm just trying to explain Democracy is alive and well, it has just changed in the last few years as it changed after the last 100 years.

If someone offers a better alternative to our Democratic process I'm open to hearing it, none have yet but if they do, I'll listen.

If you want to know something that is confusing in the Election before May's suicide is when UKIP got 4 million votes, we got one seat we had near enough the same amount of votes the SNP got and they had almost all of Scotland's MPs.

I might not like that but that is how the voting system works here.

Autonomous likes this.
  12. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
  13. Lurking

Money:
    5,485⛀
    Happy Traitor's day/Ungrateful Colonial day...

Deloreonn likes this.
  14. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
  15. Lurking

Money:
    5,485⛀
    Jacob Rees-Mogg is pretty fucking awesome.

16. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
  17. Lurking

Money:
    5,485⛀
  18. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
    Don't start LURKING!!!! America will always be better then England - remember?? We defeated you 245 years ago!!! SO THERE!!!!:eek:

19. Lurking

Money:
    5,485⛀
    You mean we were busy dealing with a little Frenchman to care about the upstarts?

If Napoleon stayed away, you'd be drinking tea and eating crumpets with us ;)

Although that video is more a satire of Enoch Powell's speeches and ideas as they were deemed "Unthinkable" and "Ridiculous" and yet some years later everything that man said has practically come to pass.

More or less that which once was England doesn't seem to be England any more...

20. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Lurking , Autonomous I thought y'all were bff 's . May I propose a cage fight to determine who is the better conservative. Yank or Brit old glory vs Union Jack . Bigger than McGregor Mayweather!