How do you start dating?

Discussion in 'Hookups' started by Appleblossom, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Appleblossom

Appleblossom New Member

Money:
    46⛀
    Okay I've been single now for 2years, and i want what everyone wants ( love) or just someone to bullshit with. But coming out of a 15-year relationship I'm having trouble jump starting the hole dating situation. Can someone please tell me who? what? when? and how?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Gimmeahead, RomeoRaj1137 and Redman44 like this.
  2. Viking_god741

Viking_god741 Active Member

Money:
    1,388⛀
    I feel ya, i was in a ten year relationship with a woman who i thought was the one. Turns out she was a back stabbing whore who cheated on me on multiple occasions. Ive been out of the relationship for about a year and a half and the only thing i really miss is having a warm body to sleep next to. She really broke my heart, but I've been on a date or two since then and they've all been awkward af. I would assume that the reason why is the pain was still fresh and the habbit of having someone around all the time had not been broken so i would act weird. My best guess would be to give yourself ample time to recover and improve upon yourself and everything else will fall into place. Good luck out there. Perhaps we can share some of our experiences as a way to get a male vs female perspective on everything.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Appleblossom likes this.
  3. BECCAM

BECCAM New Member

Money:
    1⛀
    Hi

Appleblossom likes this.
  4. BECCAM

BECCAM New Member

Money:
    1⛀
  5. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    8,712⛀
    The man always initiates!!!

6. Dilligaf27

Dilligaf27 New Member

Money:
    15⛀
    Hi Appleblossom
    First thing to remember is that you are a nice person and you're certainly very pretty too. Go with your feelings, if you like the look of someone on line, say Hi. If you like what you hear, then take it from there. Should there be something you don't like, or you have a bad feeling then leave.
    Please be very careful when or if you agree to meet someone you have met online. Arrange to meet then in a neutral place, somewhere that is busy, like a pub or restaurant for example. If you like each other then arrange another meeting and get to know each other better. Depending on how much you can't stand them you can either make your excuses and leave, or simply don't arrange to see them again.
    Same goes if you meet someone in a bar or a club. Think carefully before agreeing to go somewhere alone with someone you have just met. If you really like someone, don't be afraid to give them your mobile number, they might just be a little scared to make the first move, same as you. Whatever you do be careful what personal details you give to someone. At least with a mobile you can block calls.
    Friendship comes in many different ways, chatting online can be fun and a good way to build your confidence up.
    Good luck, have fun and enjoy but be careful. :)
    Cheers Neil

Appleblossom likes this.
  7. Leukje

Leukje Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    10,647⛀
    This is bullshit. While I tend to do so, we still do not live in the 1800s anymore. Girls that like someone can very well just go for it and are not forced to take the drift wood that reaches the shore but pick cherries to their liking if they wish.

Instead of a mobile number I would opt for fake mail and skype accounts. This way a number cannot be spread and called by numbers of strange people.
    As a man who often initiates I like bars and coffee places. These days it is rather normal for a single in a big city living alone to go for a coffee or beer, just to be "with people". You often find them at the bar or with their laptops somewhere. It is a place I do not find too hard to appraoch people because other people are talking in the vicinity and you don´t catch someone in a rush like on the street. Either ask if they would like to go for a coffee together sometime or see if they like a refill. A yes defo come with the acceptance of you sitting down and starting a conversation.

Look at dating like sales (Im a sales guy). You get 100 rejections on any yes. The more rejections you go through, you kinda internalise where they came from and start seeing schemes and different characters (humorous/non humorous). As one only learns swimming in the waters, just like in sales with any rejection comes a learning. The more time you spend "grinding" and giving it a shot you will improve. With some training anyone can get 10 or 15, 20, 25 Yesses on 100 attempts. 1/5 or 1/4 doesnt sound too bad of a rate right? Don´t overdo it, you do not want to be a player, right?

PS: I would refrain from here as a dating site. It is too anonymous for that purpose. You can better try the superficial dating apps like tinder to find out what type of guys you like and as well to build your confidence and if you want to initiate even build your pick up lines.. Hope this helps

8. Leukje

Money:
    10,647⛀
    What an effort you make. Incredible, I bet this is gonna be a success. Lol

CosmicGypsy92 likes this.
  9. Viking_god741

Viking_god741 Active Member

Money:
    1,388⛀
    I think everyone missed the point, her post wasn't an open invitation. She was inquiring about how to begin dating again.

Appleblossom and Leukje like this.
  10. Leukje

Money:
    10,647⛀
    How the fuck did I miss the point? Did you read what I wrote? :)

11. Cholokb

Cholokb New Member

Money:
    0⛀
    Lata date

12. Cholokb

Cholokb New Member

Money:
    0⛀
    Let’s

13. Leukje

Money:
    10,647⛀
    Dating from Dallas to California. Make sure he flies in the first time lol. Mwahaha, laughing my ass off :D

14. justlooking415

justlooking415 Well-Known Member

Money:
    199,517⛀
    i wouldn't recommend asking for love advice on this site or trying to date anyone from this site.

for some people, finding love is easy; for others, not. if you seriously want to meet someone, ask family, friends, or neighbors to help you. also, there are lots of business that set you up with people in the flesh like meet ups or group lunches.

Leukje likes this.
  15. Leukje

Money:
    10,647⛀
    I usually agree. I dont find my input too bad though.. :) Many other´s just wanna be naughty on here and overall this may not be the place for dating advice. Not for dating surely, like I said in my post also..

Your advice isn´t too bad

justlooking415 likes this.
  16. justlooking415

justlooking415 Well-Known Member

Money:
    199,517⛀
    i joined to be naughty and i like it

Dilligaf27 and Leukje like this.
  17. Dilligaf27

Dilligaf27 New Member

Money:
    15⛀
    So many differing view points; thats what makes chat rooms such fun. :)

justlooking415 likes this.
  18. LilRob

LilRob New Member

Money:
    5⛀
    Hunny I feel ya just came out of a 6 year relationship I'm now 30 turning 31 on the 20th and I don't have a freaking clue where to start lol when u find out tell me

19. TeeNTee

TeeNTee Guest

Not with you he dont

20. RomeoRaj1137

RomeoRaj1137 New Member

Money:
    0⛀
    Hy