Advice and Opinion I want to believe it's just hard for me.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by D_go, Aug 1, 2018.

1. D_go

D_go Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    48,639⛀
    I've noticing that when it comes to religion that it puts in a mood. I lost all Faith after maybe a few weeks are months after Jen died. I was just angry and I thought if this is God's Plan , thats just mean. At this moment I do not believe in no religion maybe somewhere long down the line but right now, No. Even as I type this I feel that ugliness and I don't like it. I don't want to have these hate/anger feelings towards religion. Im going to work on not being so angry towards religion. At my NA meetings I would never join in on their prayer, I'm still not praying but I do lower my head now. Little steps.
    I will inform you on my progress.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    mostafox likes this.
  2. Azreih

Azreih Member

Money:
    373⛀
    Pain is never Gods plan. Too many "Christians" misunderstand and misconstrue this. God doesn't play the worldlike a chess board. He created it, we turned from Him and He stepped back and gave us the world.

If God stopped all pain then He would have to remove free will. We Would be robots.

Moonlight_, Shy_girl74 and tcandy like this.
  3. Skinnyasfuk

Skinnyasfuk Active Member

Money:
    1,467⛀
    I have to applaud your bro!! If most could be as honest to themselves as you seem to be and find a way to better yourself like it seems you have shit wouldn’t suck so bad. Just saying

JustLogan likes this.
  4. Azreih

Azreih Member

Money:
    373⛀
    Thank you @Skinnyasfuk . i have done a lot of reading and soul searching. I try to share what i can when i can and when is appropriate to do so. I also do it respectfully and not in a "shove it down your throat" kind if way.

Shy_girl74 likes this.
  5. nessabbyxo

nessabbyxo Guest

I'm a christian and yet a lot of people ask me how can I keep such a strong faith and be so faithful to God when I am chronically sick meaning I have a lot of chronic incurable illnesses and I say because this is life and shit happens. We are human beings and when God created the world he put our souls into these flesh bodies so we can live on earth so with that there is going to be stuff that is going to happen to the flesh that we can't change so it's just part of being a human. I do tell people as well that God did NOT give me these illnesses because if there is one thing that I can't stand is when someone tells me that God gave me my illnesses because He knows I am strong to handle it and I know people are trying to mean well by saying that but God loves me unconditionally so why would he want to give his child these health problems? I know some would be like okay so why doesn't he just cure you but that's where I say because everything has a purpose and this is how my life is going on earth as a human and yes God could cure me anytime but that is not what has happened and for me I will never give up the faith that he won't heal me. I always have faith and that's where people get confused with me is that I have faith and when you have true faith that's when you can truly understand so I can explain all I can but it's all about having faith. Chris died for me on that cross not knowing if I was going to ever love him back or choose to follow him so I think to myself if he could do that for me then why would I turn away from him and doubt him he has shown what I mean to him so I will never turn my back on him. God walks with me daily and helps me get through my struggles and God is very real to me and I have experienced things that make me know God is real for myself. I have my days where I can be down and frustrated because I am human but I always try to find the good in the bad and I know that it can't rain forever sooner or later the rainbows will come out and so will the sun. I feel God has given me a purpose to be on earth to do something great and maybe I can be an inspiration for others who are chronically sick themselves. I have a friend who once was an atheist and she saw me and my faith and how I carry myself even though I am sick and she was just truly amazed and wanted what I have and so I talked with her and surely but slowly she accepted Christ into her heart and life and became a Christian so I always say that you can always do something amazing even during troubling times. I never claim to be a saint or holier than thou but I am a Christian and I am not ashamed to say that I have my beliefs and I am who I am and that's how it will be. I choose to be a happy person and I try to tell myself daily that I am going to have a good day and to remember to smile because there is so many things to smile about and I am truly blessed with so many things God has given me despite my struggles. I love the quote that says... "The struggle is real but so is God." and it's so true for me. I think to myself why spend my time being mad and bitter about being sick when I can't control that and what I can control is my happiness so I choose to pick the positive side of things. I feel whatever you put out will come back to you so if you're a negative person than negative energy is what you will be given and works the same when you are positive. So I hope someone does read this and hope I could make someone see a different side of me because I would like to think I am more than just a pretty face. :) hahaha right?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2019
    LillyK, Moonlight_, TBig88M and 4 others like this.
  6. Azreih

Azreih Member

Money:
    373⛀
    Very well put. Those Christians that misuse the verse about God using all things for His good and try to claim that means good did it is silly. God allows pain and suffering because He chooses to not take away our free will. Only a Perfect, Just and Loving God could do this. If He took awaypain and out freec will He would then be a Tyrant. No love involved. He loves us too much to do that.

@nessabbyxo thank you for your well tight out words. You are definitely much more than a pretty face. You are a beautiful woman inside and out. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

MattReeves likes this.
  7. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,563⛀
    People seem to forget two important things. 1. Pain is inevitable but suffering is optional. 2. You are the keeper of your own destiny. I am a firm believer that your actions can and do change your future. Bad things happen all the time but so do good things. This is the true purpose of karma. Karma is not someone did something bad so something bad will happen to them. Maybe it will maybe it won't. True karma is balance. For every negative action there has to be a positive action to balance out the karma. Being Buddhist, I can understand that people of other religions might not believe in the same thing. I believe @nessabbyxo was 100 percent correct when she said why be mad? There is no reason to be mad over something you cannot completely control

Alexa79, D_go, tcandy and 2 others like this.
  8. D_go

D_go Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    48,639⛀
    My progress: 1
    So it's been a month since the last time I replied to this post, I'm no more angry about religion. Well Im gonna get the reading these above post.

9. The-Governor

The-Governor New Member

Money:
    5⛀
    Alslamu Alikum..
    This post has been around for a while so i'm not sure if you will be able to see comment or not. But anyway i just wanted to say i'm sorry for your loose.

Suffering in this world is like the pain you experience when something is harming your body.

Pain is the alarm system which warns you that there is something wrong going on in your body that jeopardizes your health, existence and well-being. Except that the pain you feel during a certain hardship is more related to your hereafter after the resurrection day.

This life is only a test for us not our whole existence.. And naturally in every test there must be some hardships for those who take it.. and based on how we do in it we will be rewarded or punished.

What happens is that some people choose to go the other way even tho they received the correct message of Islam and instead of following the commandments of Allah swt, The creator, the All-knowing and they end up making things worse and worse by the second.

Therefore Allah swt sends them a small reminder of how ignorant, clueless, limited and powerless they are to remind them that they have no control on anything whatsoever unlike what they think so that they would stop for a second and start thinking about turning to Him and reviewing the path they are taking considering and change it while they still can before it's to late.

I have addressed this topic in extensive details on Quora in a previous answer ask:
    1. Why are we born to suffer if God loves every one of us?
    2. If God is loving then why does suffering exist?
    I recommend that you check them out because i tried to post the links here yet it considered it a spam so you can search Qoura for them en shaa Allah. I wish you all the best and have a pleasant day en shaa Allah.

10. Shy_girl74

Shy_girl74 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

I used to be a strong church goer but I haven’t been in a good while. Most churches do not have interpreter for the deaf . I have sat in church and conferences not understanding what going on . Also my second ex whom I nearly lost my life to kept showing up . While married we had our own church wasn’t successful and caused a bigger downfall in our marriage. I left church and has been hard to find another since everyone knew us together.

D_go likes this.
  11. MemphisBec

MemphisBec New Member

Money:
    92⛀
    I just stumbled in here.

Hmm, let me see:
    The God of the Bible created everything.
    He created free will and thought.
    He allowed temptation.
    Then He blames us for being made this way?
    He will toss a whole lot of "unbelievers" into eternal torment simply because they were given a brain with the ability to doubt.

....and either He knew this from the get go or He's not an all-knowing God.
    No creation would have been a better plan than one that would cause so many to suffer eternally for the happiness of a few.
    In this plan, freewill isn't all it's cracked up to be.

For the sake of many I love, no thanks, bad plan.

D_go likes this.
  12. TBig88M

TBig88M Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    8,710⛀
    I am a Christian, I have been all my life. About a month ago I actually felt my faith in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit multiply, words can not explain what happened but it made me feel like the most accepted person in the world. I was not planning this at all, I never have been someone who openly spoke about it. Mostly because there are so few people who still believe... I was beginning to think, what if it really is all just simple tricks and nonsense. But aparently Jesus don't want to loose me. And he doesn't want to loose you either... There are already too much people lost, and it will be a lot worse in the near future.
    But The Holy Trinity is all around us.

Look what is happening to world... False prophets and false messiah are deviding the world. Chaos and confusion are created to keep the people blind. People can't think for themselves anymore because they don't know the answers they so desperately seek. So they turn to a young girl named Greta, who should be in school but has become a beackon of hope in the race against the klock to safe the Earth from utter extinction.

My hope and saviour is And will Always be Jesus Christ of Nazareth. And there is no one who can change that.

Keep your eyes and eares open.
    He is coming.

13. nessabbyxo

nessabbyxo Guest

Amen!!!

Athletic_fit and TBig88M like this.
  14. TBig88M

Money:
    8,710⛀
    Amen!!

15. TBig88M

Money:
    8,710⛀
    From this moment untill forever, you are an inspiration to me. Im looking forward to the day we will meet. Stay strong and stay who you are.
    God Bless...

nessabbyxo likes this.
  16. Winstonlove48

Winstonlove48 New Member

Money:
    6⛀
    I am a proud Christian and admit am gay

TBig88M likes this.
  17. TBig88M

Money:
    8,710⛀
    This is the way

18. GreenbackBoogey

GreenbackBoogey New Member

Money:
    6⛀
    I know this response might instigate an outrage, but meh. I'm an atheist. And I didn't need a terrible experience to make me realize that I cannot trust something that makes no sense. And I am more than open to believe in the concept of God provided I stumble upon conclusive, undisputable evidence of it. What I am not open to is cultizing my belief system.

My parents have different religious backgrounds and, kudos to them, I was allowed to choose which one to follow. After carefully understanding their respective faiths and other religions too, I realized that each of them don't just contradict each other but also contradict themselves. And that's when I realized something:

Even if the concept of God is real, the concept of religion is manmade.

Like any other storyline, the origin story and the continuum of every religious walk has loopholes. And just to avoid hurting sentiment we say it is "shrouded in mystery". No surprises there! It is written by a human. It has got to be imperfect. And like every other book of fiction, it's just not history.

I have a friend who suffers muscular dystrophy. He has been dead, given CPR and revived 5 times so far. And my only question to him every time has been, "What happens when you die?" And every time he would answer in one word: nothing. Heaven seekers and hell keepers, step aside already.

I would like to believe in the existence of a higher power because I don't trust the word of someone just as mortal as me. If there is a higher power, I'll sense it some day, in some way. And that's when it will make sense. Not through religion for sure.

Pinguu likes this.
  19. Pinguu

Pinguu Well-Known Member FCN Regular

No outrage, whatever gives you peace is your thing. You keep spreading goodness who cares about rest.