U.S. Is it time to vote for a third party candidate ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lamar56, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Lamar56

Lamar56 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,516⛀
    I say no !! Let's just not vote for the same old candidates over and over again !!

2. Godofadults21

Godofadults21 Member FCN Regular

Money:
    531⛀
    Maybe it varies! I would vote for the candidate that is true with there brain instead of for greed. Any person whether they are republican or Democrat should qualify as long as they are true to themselves. That being said we should watch out for ones that lie and pretend. There are many to choose for, so pick the best ones.

3. ChevyGuy

ChevyGuy Guest

I think that it wouldn't hurt to have more votes for a third party. People always complain about the big two but never talk about or vote for some of the bigger third parties like the Libertarians and Green party. They just need more traction, and with the unrest in the current American political climate, it's very possible that the third parties will start to be taken seriously.

4. HaydenRedwine

HaydenRedwine Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    652⛀
    Possible, but that time is not now. It is not true that the third parties aren't taken seriously, and I'm also not saying that they don't have some good candidates, just that they don't come anywhere close to being strong enough to win either popularly or electorally. Voting for them right now would be kind of stupid and wasteful, even if it might make you feel better. I would strongly urge you not to vote third party, because any vote that isn't for the Democratic nominee, might as well be a vote for impeached El Comandante Cheeto Poppycock. Even though presumptive nominee Biden is not the person I wanted to vote for in November, and I don't really even like the man, I will still vote for him, absolutely must vote for him, because the alternative is four more years of impeached El Comandante Cheeto Poppycock, basically Hell on Earth.

5. HaydenRedwine

Money:
    652⛀
    Well, that's an interesting bleep. I did not type "El Comandante Cheeto Poppycock" but I kind of like it. LOL

6. Oldgymrat

Oldgymrat Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    51,449⛀
    Yes... and in numbers so significant it makes the others take notice

7. AnnieLee

AnnieLee New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    94⛀
    There's no way to get a viable (that means libertarians and greens don't have a prayer) 3rd party going without splitting the vote which usually means you'll in essence be voting for the party you don't want.

HaydenRedwine likes this.
  8. Oldgymrat

Money:
    51,449⛀
    Until enough people do it... I dont believe the " a vote for a third party is a wasted vote" rhetoric... I've been told that over and over but I can honestly say I've never cast a vote for the lesser of two evils just to settle... my third party vote isnt wasted... it may be the vote which has the greatest integrity

9. HaydenRedwine

Money:
    652⛀
    I'll flush integrity straight down the toilet to get that orange bitch out of the White House. It isn't rhetoric and it isn't settling. When Warren and Sanders and the rest dropped out of the Primaries, Biden became the one and only person standing in Rudeman's way. The third party candidates have absolutely no chance of winning, ever. Because "enough" people are never going to vote for them. Biden's the only choice. That's not settling, it's logic and common sense. Votes for third party candidates hurt Hillary's chances in 2016 and they'll do the same for Biden in 2020. It really doesn't matter whether you like Biden or not. He's still better than the Oompa Loompa's buttplug we have now.

Dcdevon likes this.
  10. AnnieLee

Money:
    94⛀
    So you're content to play with yourself, have no say in who governs you, and have a dopey smile on you face while a candidate from one of the two major parties wins... Your "integrity" doesn't win elections and is only remembered by you.

11. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Now is not the time to even be discussing a third party candidate . There are two options. One is 4 more years of Tr.ump . The other is an end to his ' administration' . Voting for anyone but Biden is voting for TR.ump. Now isn't the time for protest votes or to try and change the system. The system needs change for sure. But now is not the time .Four more years of Tr.ump and there will not be a system to fix . Things will be way beyond the point of no return.

12. Oldgymrat

Money:
    51,449⛀
    But you see... it's that defeatist thinking that never let's the third or even a forth party get any traction. As long as the lesser of two evils thinking is employed there will always be two evils and only two... I am not an innocent. I am hopeful that some day enough others will see the light

13. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    You have a valid point. Now is not the time to vote it. The only thing that should matter is getting the orange facist out. Biden isn't perfect. But do you think 4 more years of Tr.ump is worth your protest vote ? You cannot fix the system by refusing to face it . I get what you are saying. But now is not the time. There will come a time . But it isn't now .Our democracy will not exist under 4 more years of tr.ump. Your ideals will not matter. What difference do your ideals make when if your vote doesn't count ? Because that is what Republicans and Tr.umo want. That's why they wanted Bernie to get the Democratic nomination. By doing what you are considering you only aid them. And become a part of the problem not a solution. They want to destroy our system and implement minority rules. How does that advance your ideals?

witchygirl likes this.
  14. AmazonTS

AmazonTS Member FCN Regular

Money:
    184⛀
    The DNC needs to split up. The far left SJW politics plays well to extremists on twitter but doesn't win battleground states. Let the virtue signalers have their culture on the costs and bring back reasonable liberals for the midwest.

15. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,838⛀
    What we really need is a formidable third party candidate who will hijack a lot of rep/dem votes and scare the other parties into getting their shit together. Even if a third party candidate direct win, a lot of votes would open doors for more diverse discussion and provide more funding for third part candidacy.

Joe Biden is tripping over his own thoughts, Tr.ump doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground... We need an additional formidable third party option or two, just to shake up the otter two parties.

AmazonTS and Oldgymrat like this.
  16. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,838⛀
    If a quarter of dem voters and quarter of rep voters switch to libertarian this election cycle, I think we would be on a path of correction. Vote libertarian this year.

17. AmazonTS

AmazonTS Member FCN Regular

Money:
    184⛀
    Tulsi with a few tweaks to foreign policy -> My third party 2024

18. Oldgymrat

Money:
    51,449⛀
    See. Now theres discussion with a pointed outcome.. so many loyalists are unhappy with standard party policy yet go along like lemmings to the sea. This is discussion that someone, a candidate, needs to openly espouse. Make the two party comfort system go away. A viable third party could and should be crying " bull shit" every time the major two spin things into supporting their dogma

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    AmazonTS likes this.
  19. AnnieLee

Money:
    94⛀
    Libertarians are worse than republicans. Laissez Faire capitalists free to fuck you in every hole. If you vote for them just bend over now for your no lube ass reaming. You'll deserve it.

20. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,838⛀
    That's besides the point.