Jesus had two Dads and he turned out ok

Discussion in 'Religion' started by PheonixxxMonroe, May 18, 2018.

1. KingDavid

KingDavid Buzzword vendor

Yeah I agree. I think all of the laws in the Bible existed for a reason, even if they are less relevant today. It's easy to be like, "how is pork bad?" but back then there was no refrigeration - you had to salt everything. No soap. No antibiotics. Pigs are dirty, they eat almost everything - including sewage and cannibalizing themselves. They were dirty animals full of disease and parasites, and they were dangerous.

I think, back then, we had to procreate. And that's why homosexuality was frowned upon. That is just my personal take on it. Now we've got more than enough people around. The Bible does say homosexuality is a sin, and I accept that, but often Christians who preach anti-homosexual rhetoric like that, are in fact, struggling with their own homosexuality, like Ted Haggard. They project themselves onto others. But if you're going to have full context, you'd have to enforce ALL of the Laws, and right now I think the single biggest one is divorce.

hardcoreJane88 likes this.
  2. KingDavid

I'm straight. And to suggest any of that was sexual is bearing false witness. I'm confident in my sexuality - I am a straight man. You're the bisexual person who's anti-homosexual telling me I'm a sinner, lol. Are you that unaware? You're projecting your own guilt on to me, like Ted Haggard. Relax, I accept you as my sister in Christ! I eat pork, I am a hypocrite too!

3. KingDavid

Christians =/= Vatican. I agree with you that the Catholic Church is evil. Jesus said many would come in his name, they are the spirit of the anti-Christ. But you know, you're not obligated to read the Bible and understand it. So you consider yourself a Satanist? That's interesting, from what I've seen - nontheistic Satanism is like a mirror opposite of Buddhism. It's hedonism - give in to pleasure, if someone wrongs you, then you are free to exact revenge.

I think hedonism is essentially nihilism, but a denial of that. Instead of accepting nothingness, you distract yourself with pleasure. But the thing with pleasure is, everyone will get bored of it because of repetition. You will get bored of that new pleasure and need more, more more - this just leads to sexual immorality and drug addiction - BDSM and materialism, greed - maybe you won't be a dominatrix with a heroin addiction, but maybe you bingewatch Netflix and escape into fantasy. You constantly go shopping to get that fix. Indulge in alcohol.

Soren Kierkegaard talks about this. I don't think it's a coincidence humans want to give back our gift of consciousness, we don't want it. We want to sleep, get high, escape into fantasy and be treated as animals. We are beasts of burden, and our gift is heavy. I say the solution is hyper-consciousness though - basically Christianity.

What do you feel is useful about Satanism? Do you get a lot of Christians who tell you you're evil and all that? I disagree with you, in that Satanism is a good philosophy, but I'm all for you having the freedom to do as you wish.

4. KingDavid

@WomenRfromVenus

Matthew 5:11-12 - Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Look we disagree. If you don't accept Matthew 5:17-19 and Luke 16-16-17, then why are we arguing? What is your goal? Do you just want me to feel bad? What is troubling you? It's beautiful Saturday. Enjoy life. I accept you even if you believe different. Your life is your life, and mine is mine.

5. KingDavid

Yeah, they call Satan the "light-bringer", kinda like Prometheus. Do you literally believe in Satan or just use the symbolism to represent enlightenment?

6. hardcoreJane88

hardcoreJane88 Well-Known Member

Money:
    1,860⛀
    I was christened but I didn't grow up in a religious family. I prefer to follow the ways of the Celts and paganism. Most of the stories in the bible are borrowed from other religions anyway

7. KingDavid

Lol no. That's a fan-fiction. Where do you get the idea Jesus married? Gnostic Gospels? They're no more canonical than the Book of Mormon. Real Christianity never mentions Jesus being married. There's no historical evidence to back that up either. You can say it's true, because you believe it - but that's not how evidence works.

And yes God is the creator of the universe, but He is not some sky-daddy genie. I see God as a force, like gravity - and you can see instances of order in mathematics. I'm not saying this is objective proof of the existence of God, but I think it's the closest we have. Have you heard of "Power Laws"? Pareto principle? There's even this thing Jesus mentioned in Matthew, about the "poor having less and the rich having more", it turns out this is statistically true in economics - I'm not sure if the Matthew Effect is a Power Law, but it's very similar if not. There is a method to the madness.

You're free to not believe in God, I'm not here to convert you. But I think it's good to have an open mind and be truthful. We agree on that, I believe.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  8. hardcoreJane88

hardcoreJane88 Well-Known Member

Money:
    1,860⛀
    Do you know what's funny my satanic friend... Your a satanist but you call yourself AngelicChrissy lol

9. KingDavid

Are you aware that Jesus said most Christians will be false? I agree with you 100% that most Christians are hypocrites, they teach to hate people. They see themselves above everyone, and in some cases there's violence and pedophilia.

Adam and Eve is not a historical document. It's not science either. Nothing resembling history happens until after Abraham. Adam and Eve is about human nature and existence. Cain is about nihilism. These are not literal human beings. The fruit of knowledge of good and evil = human consciousness, which we have evolved. No other living organism that we know of has this gift/burden. By the end of it, Adam and Eve must leave their past lives as unaware animals and man must work to provide for his family, and women must give birth. This was used to create civilization.

10. KingDavid

Yeah, I've heard of the Davinci Code. It's a fan-fiction, like a poorly written Twilight sex scene. And I fully understand they are based on Gnostic Gospels, like the Gospel of Mary Magdalene. They are not canonical, in other words, they are not real. They were never used in the churches, these writings were by a few hermits out in the desert - they believed there was 2 gods, the blind idiot creator and the "true" God. There's literally no theologian or historian who'd agree with what you're saying.