Mmmmm!!

Discussion in 'Religion' started by LA69, Sep 18, 2017.

1. LA69

LA69 Guest

I believe in miracles, I believe in a greater power. Too say it's one saviour, that a should live my life by a book that has been written over and over again. Not for me.
    If these gods or saviours or whatever you like to call them. If these things actually existed why is there such human suffering of their followers?

2. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    I agree. I think there may be something more than ourselves. But I don't buy the he or she is called this. And if you follow this you will get a reward when you die. A merciful good doesn't kill children with cancer. Or allow some idiot to put on a vest and blow up a market square etc. Religion is man made and nothing man makes can be perfect.

witchygirl, Kris1973, Billy_B and 2 others like this.
  3. LA69

LA69 Guest

Agreed

Kris1973 likes this.
  4. Mkms

Mkms New Member

Money:
    0⛀
  5. Spangle

Spangle Well-Known Member

Money:
    4,738⛀
    And yet if you say you believe in Santa people would smile like you're a simpleton... proof of Santa... there are many in the world giving out 'gifts' whether in physical terms or through charitable donations etc. Aren't they all 'Santa's'?

Proof of God/Jesus... all the rest = 0

There are unexplained events in the world... miracle or coincidence they are tangible.

My mother was approached by a person of religion in the street trying to offer 'the word of the Lord'. My mum said answer me this (because nobody has yet) how could a man allegedly so powerful sit back and let his son be so cruelly tortured and put to death? Because my husband would DIE to save his kids...

The man had no answer. Because there is no answer. Because religion is merely used as a way to make money and appease the people being fucked over financially!

Wtflf, LA69, boredshitless and 3 others like this.
  6. Lakeside

Lakeside Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    112,922⛀
    Let's assume there is a deity. Would he/she hang around the site of their son's murder?

Miricles were 'documented' right up until his murder, but none since. Why?

I'll tell you why. If there was/is a diety, they have washed their hands of this planet, moved to the far side of the galaxy and is starting over bearing in mind the lessons/mistakes he/she made with this lump of clay.

It's kinda like David Attenborough's 'Earth II' but in a galactic sense.:D :D :D

Lakeside. xx

Lucy11, Spangle and Lupine like this.
  7. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    The Bible is not a first hand account. The stories about Jesus were not written by the people the books are named after. They were written many years after his death. And were translated from Aramaic , to Greek , to Latin to English. There is no way of knowing how accurate they are. And their are inconsistencies in the accounting. For instance Romans did not crucify people by driving nails through their hands and feet. They would have fell off the cross because the bones of the hand can not support the weight of the body. Also the shape of the Christian cross has not been found in any Roman pictures or discription of a crusifixtion. The Romans used crosses shaped like an x. So I came to the conclusion a long time ago that it wasn't for me based on those and many other things. Religion now is about power and keeping some down with a promise of a great life after death.

witchygirl and (deleted member) like this.
  8. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,512⛀
    The true story of Santa Claus or st Nicholas is very disturbing

LA69 and Spangle like this.
  9. Spangle

Spangle Well-Known Member

Money:
    4,738⛀
    And yet look how it has changed down the years to suit a purpose...

LA69 and SexyAsianBitch like this.
  10. Billy_B

Billy_B Well-Known Member FCN Regular

I agree with these things you speak of, however some terminology doesn't sit with me either like miracle/s referred to as a divine agency, termed and understood to be unexplainable by natural or scientific law, which I believe to be bullshit, it's true that some things are indeed unexplained maybe for good reason, or simply our knowledge fails us. Baby falls from a high rise building bounces around on the ground below, but hasn't a scratch, broken limb, and survives, or thousands of children dying continually simply for lack of fresh drinking water and die of diarrhea, on one hand the baby's event is said to be a miracle and everyone rejoiced, and for the second story Oh, yes he walks in mysterious ways, or is it that it was meant to be, natures ability for balance speaks for itself. Is it a persons destiny? I've seen people walk out of vehicle accidents without a care in the world and you question this result simply due to everyone else in all vehicles involved have died and the vehicles themselves are disintegrated, very odd, lucky, timing, or again simply meant to be and it wasn't their time to go, but for me to label such things as a miracle, I am unable simply due to it have this supernatural phenomenon associated with creationism. I certainly like statements indeed gets us all thinking

LA69 likes this.
  11. Billy_B

Oh yeah one more thing, have you ever heard of the Akashic Records ? Check it out

12. LA69

LA69 Guest

No but I will

13. Vey

Vey Guest

I don’t believe in miracles as supernatural events, but I admit life can be miraculous when some objective events are at the root of everyday occurrences. There are people who think that dramatic acts or unusual acts are not miraculous if they are not good. In the same time, I've been told the Devil doesn’t do miracles, and the awe of war is rarely if ever miraculous. To believe in miracles seems for me to imply that God acts in a way we cannot and would not have the power to accomplish without divine enablement. Just wondering.. if there is a God who acts miraculously then is God responsible for not always acting? True believers should know better than me probably.

14. LA69

LA69 Guest

The power of the mind is an amazing thing. People have invisioned their very own cells battling against cancer. Months later without medical intervention they are cancer free. The very belief in faith as in your own body to heal itself or having faith in a religious belief to help you. Either way miracles occur. A miracle is an unexplained occurrence when took away from the religious context.

OPleasHer likes this.
  15. Billy_B

Yes I like it, the power of the mind...

LA69 likes this.
  16. Vey

Vey Guest

When you work with mind power, I don't think you can create miracles. It's the subconscious and mind power working to help you create the outcome or the result that you want. You won’t start to fly, you won’t raise the dead, working with your mind power. Cancer is odd stuff, being a complex relationship between external influence and internal systemic dysfunction. Our DNA is a code that we can change and “upgrade” by choice. Science doesn't work in absolutes when discussing systems, because the universe is too complex for that. I respect the others opinions, but, as far as I’m concerned, I tend to trust more in the principle of “minimum astonishment”. Thanks for the input, it was nice :)

17. LA69

LA69 Guest

So what about the power of prayer. When the collective have cured the sick. Which is well documented?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2017
  18. LA69

LA69 Guest

Hardly input when I started the thread. So my thanks to you Vey for your input on my thread. :)

19. LA69

LA69 Guest

I actually should of said generated the thread. As it's a public thread therefore not my thread. My apologies.

20. Vey

Vey Guest

Religion is based on faith and not on proof. Logically, this implies that, if God exists, he is indifferent to humanity or has chosen to obscure his presence. Either way, he would be unlikely to cooperate in scientific studies that seek to test his existence :) The aim of science is not to open a door to infinite wisdom but to set a limit to infinite error. Prayer might “heal” the soul, but not cure the cancer, I suppose.

You're welcome :) my pleasure