Archived New Rooms: Give us your feedback! (Old Chat 2017)

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by vitriolicv, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,474⛀
    There's #TheColosseum. Go debate.

2. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,474⛀
    You can find tea in #TheColosseum.

Alexa79 likes this.
  3. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

First off, many thanks to Mr. Lupine for directing me to this thread.

One room I would like to suggest here is a BBW & Admirers Room - this room would definitely get a lot of visitors due to the absence of any decent BBW chat sites today with any regular usage.

Whilst there are a number of BBW dating sites, a lot of these charge excessive fees (or the fact that they are not free is not properly advertised) and if this room was promoted you would see a lot of migration of BBW's and Admirers to here - a free-to-use website, webcams (for 'fun' and also to check out the authenticity of people - something that most sites overlook) and hopefully no scammers or Nigerian Kings looking to offer $50m so long as you hand over your bank account details.

I would be happy to spread the word to people I know on BBW sites, if asked to, so maybe it's something to think about?

4. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,474⛀
    That isn't the focus of the website.

5. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

Hmmm so no fat chicks? Bit prejudicial, non?

It's a big (bad joke) market of potential new members and plenty of BBW's and Admirers are looking for a free cam site with regular active members.

Still, your call. Just a shame that you'd be missing out on a lot of site patronage/virtual footfall.

6. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

Thank You, WomenRfromVenus

If you'd like, I could send some emails out to people and ask them to take a look at this site?

WomenRfromVenus likes this.
  7. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

I'll get onto it this weekend, should hopefully get some positive responses! :)

WomenRfromVenus likes this.
  8. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,474⛀
    Y'all such clever businesspeople lol.

A new room was created weekly—previous replace with another on Sunday nights/Monday mornings. MatureChat seemed to have somewhat worked, so it stayed (for now).

A ton of people requested a room where only registered users could enter. Usage became so low, it became waste of space on the room list during the U.S. daytime. This is a website which caters to the world, not just five to ten users during 6pm-10pm in U.S. and that has led it to its death.
    Few days later a member-only room was created to replace NoGuests and, surprise, no one user it either. I initially thought that a members-only channel will kill a few other channels, but complete opposite took place.

SwingersChat isn't very populated, but it's doing better than NoGuests room ever did. We'll see where that goes.

AnimeAndGaning is another junk room (I'm not sure how that became to be) which serves 10-20 people only during certain hours.

There's now another temporary, weekly iteration (currently PoliticsAndReligion) and perhaps BBW room will be the new name, come Sunday, but you can see how junky rooms fare and what makes them junky.

A lengthy room list full of mostly-unused junk rooms is a nuisance and a waste of resources (stuff needs to be monitored).

9. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,474⛀
    If you do bring people, PLEASE don't bring them via spam-like tactics around the web. Retaliatory spam is unwanted.

10. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

I wouldn't do that - I've been on the receiving end of spam and agree it's uncalled for and annoying as anything.

Fingers crossed that all goes well.

11. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,474⛀
    Rhetoric like that doesn't help when considering requests, by the way.

Things are given a mental exercise, based on historic user activity, spam potential, exploitation potential, potentially unwanted traffic and other challenging factors.

Remarks like "it's a shame that..." aren't helpful either. One person's opinion based on feelings shared with small percentage of population is hardly expertise.

You'd have to be concerned about others you contact potentially going that route.

12. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,474⛀
    We're discussing New Room Suggestions in this thread, not current rooms which are kept for various reasons. ;)

Who is logged into how many rooms isn't relevant.

13. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,474⛀
    This is a more relevant overall picture, by the way:

View attachment 63105
    View attachment 63104

This is around peak world-wife traffic time, by the way (U.S. holiday is contributing to those numbers—few of those rooms are ghost towns during typical work week).

14. Azucar

Azucar Well-Known Member FCN Regular

I still wish we could have a trivia room...

15. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,474⛀
    If there are five users in any channel, with one being the bot and two moderators, that leaves two actual chatters. That generates no activity and people immediately leave the channel (I observe such things, believe it or not).

If there are 50 users, chances are that there is activity steadily scrolling by. It's just the reality.

Azucar likes this.
  16. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    Something that would need to be considered, and I don't see it currently is the attention of trolls, who would happily see this a a great room to troll, you know, because chatters are apparently well known for fitness apparently. Would it be worth it in the market of bringing chatters in while the trolls drive them out?!?

Stanthropical likes this.
  17. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,474⛀
    Room would have to be limited to a certain amount of people (can you imagine just 100 users typing in a guess at the same time? Everything would scroll away in less than a second and you'd constantly think that trivia is broken).

If you limit the room to 50 people at a time, some people would never leave and those waiting to get in would be always pissed, generating all sorts of ridiculous complaints. This world-wide website is too busy for trivia. Someone would have to make sure it's working 24/7 and this isn't even the focus of the website.

18. Azucar

Azucar Well-Known Member FCN Regular

I totally get it Stan. Just a wish.

19. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

Unfortunately, you can do very little about these oafs, unless there is a way that you can take legal action against them (short of an Internet Bill of Rights or having to have a Face ID pass to access the website and chat/forum).

If we live in fear of trolls, they win, if we carry on regardless and ignore them then soon they will hopefully skulk off back under their stones.

20. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

Duly noted, thanks.

I would make that a stipulation of them joining that they do not mass flag/spam. I trust people, and I hope they would not betray that trust that I put in them.

Already have quite a few people interested, so once the room is created let me know and hopefully it will be busy in no time!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.