Niger Ambush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dcdevon, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    So four American soldiers have lost their lives in a foreign land. Again. And Tr.ump instead of just calling the families of the lost soldiers decides to make it about him and politics. Again. If doesn't matter whether he said the words the Congress member said he did. I tend to think he did because I don't believe he has the capacity for empathy. But his response after the allegation is horrid. He is an absolute piece of shit. Dead soldiers and their surviving family are and should be sacred and untouched by politics. But not for that asshole in office. And as much as I dislike John Kelly his son should never have been mentioned either. Who would do that? Someone who lacks empathy. Who do we know can not feel empathy. Sociopaths . Is that what are great country has for a Pres.Ident . I think so. Maga yeah right.

Sabrina270, MJW1234 and JacksonR2468 like this.
  2. Lupine

Lupine Guest

I don't like his style. He makes himself out to be a saint by saying he's the only person who did X. Then people prove him wrong, but he never apologies. Is that not Slanderous?

I'm ex military. So whenever one of my own countries men/women are list or allies you feel it. I've had to tell people about the loss of a loved one, I've also had to bury friends. Do you feel it..

3. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    You are correct he can never apologize of admit he was wrong. I've only known one person to die in combat. A guy I went to high school with and wasn't close to. But still knew him and his family. It still see his family when I visit my home town. His two brothers still live there. Well there were three growing up. And I have a cousin who had been deployed twice and twice came home. But what if he is deployed again and doesn't come back. Those are what have me so pissed about this shit.

4. JacksonR2468

JacksonR2468 Well-Known Member

Money:
    6,754⛀
    How the honorable vets sacrificed their lives and their families have never been adequately honored (well actually far from it) as long as I can remember - and now it has got from bad to worse.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  5. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Very true Jackson. It has always been inadequate. But the current administration has made it worse. Their has always been a divide between those who have served and those who like me have not. Because there is know way I can understand what war is like. But we all need to reconize that we can sit and drink lattes and beer because people died to give us those options. Rudeman doesn't seem to get that.

Sabrina270, MJW1234 and JacksonR2468 like this.
  6. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Vet care the world over is shocking. It's a wonder anyone joins considering how bad it is.

It's even simple things like kit not turning up till it's nearly all over. Buying useless kit for stupid money. Aftercare oh don't get me going on that..

7. Vey

Vey Guest

In politics, stupidity is not a handicap. To pull families of war dead into political fight is a shame. Unfortunately, you have one foreign policy that comes from the State Department and the Department of Defense. And then you have another foreign policy that comes from the El Comandante's Twitter feed. There are currently 8,400 American troops on the ground in Afghanistan and many more all over the conflict areas in the world. If Tr. ump approves more troops to continue this 16 year old war, it is undoubtedly the most consequential decision he's made as commander in chief in terms of impact on America’s troops and their families. You can only hope he will learn that his talent for controversy can't comfort a soldier's family. Values come first, facts and policies follow in the service of values. They matter, but they always support values.

8. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    The VA hospital in D.C the capital of the country of course didn't pass inspections and had waiting lists too long. The administrator was fired , appealed his firing got his job back but was then first again after an arbitration hearing after the appeal decision was appealed. There were unkept dirty supplies , supplies that should have been frozen and were not and long wait times for time sensitive procedures. This at the supposed to be flagship hospital. To be fair I believe this has all been corrected. But really c' mon man!

JacksonR2468, Sabrina270 and Lupine like this.
  9. Sabrina270

Sabrina270 Well-Known Member

A soldier goes to war knowing the odds are against them. That they may not come home. And if they do, it doesn't matter, their life has changed forever. I am a Marine. Once a Marine always a Marine. I came home as an E6, after pretty much being gutted. Was in a coma for 4weeks. I'm lucky, I made it home. And went to work in civil service, once able. But what people don't know and can't comprehend, is that there are more injuries, than just physical injuries. There are the emotional and psychological injuries. What a thrill, I got to get both. Then in civil service was i attacked again. I am now retired, at Max. But who gives a shit? I gotta live with what I saw and what I did every day of my life. I have combat level PTSD, which is why I'm awake at almost 3 am...avoiding the night terrors I have to live with. And I came home to my family a different person. It never goes away, ever. The betrayal I feel for our soldiers is overwhelming. Let's put Tr- ump on the ground over there in a 120° , Nothing but sand and people who want you dead. Carrying 100 lbs of gear. Afraid to close your eyes. And then try being responsible for other soldiers lives! This administration, is sickening and has been for decades. The sub standard care we give our soldiers who return home. The sub standard care we give to the spouses and children of our fallen soldiers. It's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life. These people sitting up in their offices, Versace suits. Golfing and vacationing. Congress which only works 1/3 of the year...These are the people who make the decision to take us to war. Then when we return, we are a nobody. Our military and educational system in this country has completely fallen apart. I will always be proud of being a Marine, and will continue living my life as a patriot. But, I am praying that this administration gets off it's ass, and does something for the people that keep their asses from being killed!! Oorah!

10. Billy_B

Billy_B Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Yes mate, I know what your saying all to well. It's the one thing all governments fail on, for what ever reason is yet to be explained, it's a special job you do and one which only a small percentage pursue. I admire you for taking the task to protect us and also saddened to you having to write such words, to highlight the downfalls in official policy, if I can tender some consolidation, is that there are many, military and civilian alike working extremely hard to address what your've had to endure, you haven't been forgotten

JacksonR2468 and Sabrina270 like this.
  11. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Well said Sabrina. The people who sent you and other soldiers to war usually haven't served and do not have children or spouses serving either , so it's easy for them to make that decision. And then they make a few phone calls to families , go to a few funerals in their district and think that makes up for it. Bullshit they need to be taken to the conflict and actually see the cost. Not hiding in a green zone getting photo ops.

Sabrina270 and JacksonR2468 like this.
  12. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Saturday was the 20 yr anniversary of the Women in service memorial at Arlington National Cemetery and now this post. A good reminder that although most who serve are men a large number of women fight too and have balls just as big or bigger .

Sabrina270 and JacksonR2468 like this.
  13. JacksonR2468

JacksonR2468 Well-Known Member

Money:
    6,754⛀
    Couldn't have said it better - after all that she's been through and still facing, she comes back spreading sunshine and smiles to everyone, and manages to raise three amazing sons who will become great future leaders.

To everyone whom have served and still serving, sacrificed and lost, just to let all the rest of us enjoy the great life that we have - Thank You

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Dcdevon and Sabrina270 like this.
  14. Sabrina270

Yes it was, and yes there are. Used to be women took care of the soldiers, now some of us are the soldiers. And before they will let a female go into combat. We have to prove we are just as good, if not better, than a man. And for those who think hanging with a bunch of soldiers, who haven't seen a woman in awhile isnt that big of a deal, yep it's a big deal. Did I have to deal with the mouthy shit, yep. Did anyone ever accost me, of course. Did he succeed? HELL NO! You come at me physically to hurt me, I don't care how cute you think I am, I'll rip your throat out before I'll let you put your hands on me! Js. My Father and all 3 my brothers and myself, Marines......and now we got a dufus running the show smh

Dcdevon likes this.
  15. Sabrina270

You are most welcome!!