R.I.P. Gordon Lightfoot

Peacecountry

Well-Known Member
FCN Regular
https://www.google.com/search?q=gor...XEdeTO7jJsmZzIb5EkzXUvFP2zba31Q:1683111296442
Gordon Lightfoot, renowned songwriter and singer has died at the age of 84. A life well lived, he gave us many great songs and continued to tour and play well into his 80s. Bob Dylan was once quoted as saying he thought Gordon was one of the greatest songwriters he's ever heard. Farewell Gordon. You have made all Canadians proud for a long time.
 
Yeah, Rick's tribute is what inspired me to start this thread. Rick loved Gordon's music and often mentioned him when discussing great lyricists.
That's good, I enjoy watching his thoughts on music and musicians. I love his enthusiasm when he talks about music
 
That's good, I enjoy watching his thoughts on music and musicians. I love his enthusiasm when he talks about music
Yeah, me too. Rick has a genuine love of music and his channel is one of my favorites. I love great music but I'm not a musician and don't really understand the technical part of it all. Sharps, minors, all of that is long forgotten. Junior high school was a lifetime ago and I never had an ounce of talent for instruments but I do genuinely love great music.
As for Gordon, I remember wishing him a happy 80th birthday on youtube along with many others and he responded to every one of us and thanked us personally. Just a truly great person, imo.
 
Yeah, me too. Rick has a genuine love of music and his channel is one of my favorites. I love great music but I'm not a musician and don't really understand the technical part of it all. Sharps, minors, all of that is long forgotten. Junior high school was a lifetime ago and I never had an ounce of talent for instruments but I do genuinely love great music.
As for Gordon, I remember wishing him a happy 80th birthday on youtube along with many others and he responded to every one of us and thanked us personally. Just a truly great person, imo.
That's amazing, he stayed down to earth. He'll be missed ♡
 

Trending content

Back
Top