Re-sequenced Human

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by LYCAN92, Jun 15, 2018.

1. LYCAN92

LYCAN92 New Member

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  2. Lupine

Lupine Guest

So to remove choice and make us nearly all the same. Sounds awefully boring, I like being me, being different. I don't want to be the same as anyone else. I relish the idea of spending time to learn new things. If it was easy it would for me, be boring..

mostafox likes this.
  3. Lupine

Lupine Guest

So your saying that Einstein would have gotten further of he hadn't have had patents. Our life every element of it is shaped by us growing up. Its where we learn things. Otherwise all you have is a bunch of mindless drones that all think the same way.

Dogowar likes this.
  4. Dogowar

Dogowar Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Christ if this ever happened imagine the human race would be a waste of time. The very thing that makes us what we are is our individuality.

We'd be nothing more than a bunch of fleshy drones all thinking the same with no grasp of how it would be to break away from the noms of society. In fact it wouldn't be a society. It would be a hive mind like the Borg. ( sorry best reference I could think of at the time)

I think to be fair It would be massively counter productive.

Just my thoughts though.

mostafox and Lupine like this.
  5. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Indeed a lot of things in our lives have come from adversity and travisty. If you remove that what is there to live for?

Dogowar likes this.
  6. Dogowar

Dogowar Well-Known Member FCN Regular

I totally agree. We learn from our mistakes as well as achievements. We know love, loss and a multitude of other things. All would be meaningless if we were All the same.

Lupine likes this.
  7. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Indeed, whilst war is a horrid thing it has bought us so many things that have save lives and pushed us forward.

Plus with all that tech it only takes one thing to go wrong and you could end up with a bad batch or even worse..

Dogowar likes this.
  8. Kris1973

Kris1973 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Sounds like a bad movie

Dogowar and Lupine like this.
  9. Lupine

Lupine Guest

But remember some of our bad traits is what spur others on to do better things. You can't have all the ups with no downs..

Vey and SexyAsianBitch like this.
  10. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,513⛀
    one should not play around with CRISPR. While genetic engineering may see like a fantastic idea, it could have drastic side effects. Everyone has good and bad to them. When you take that away from them, you take away a part of their self.

Vey, Dogowar and Lupine like this.
  11. Lupine

Lupine Guest

The cry of every dictator.

I'm glad we are all different. I'd hate for us all to be the same as everyone else. An entire world where everyone looks the same and has no emotion, no real drive as what could go wrong.

Dogowar likes this.
  12. Lupine

Lupine Guest

If you have no leaders who decides what needs to be done. Who makes sure it's done. If the hope is that the people just know then why do they?

Without leadership whose to stop me doing the same research as someone else? Why should I not, wouldn't doing that be a waste of resources. But whose to tell.me that..

Whilst it sounds amazing it's just a dictatorship under a different guise.

LYCAN92 likes this.
  13. Lupine

Lupine Guest

If people can't die you are going to have to limit the population. What if someone gets injured do you keep them away from everyone else because they are different.

Mental issues don't just come from birth issue's. They come from life, you can't screen that out. In essence your trying to play god and create the perfect creature that just works for the good of the community. No free will, why bother you could go for machines and have more soul..

14. Freebird99

Freebird99 Active Member

Money:
    1,362⛀
    I see were you are coming from, but humanity wouldn't be humanity without all of our differences. And who would be the ones to decide what a "perfect" human specimen is? You know there once was a guy who thought that he knew what the perfect human being was... They would have blonde hair and blue eyes and be of a certain height and build...

Lupine likes this.
  15. Lupine

Lupine Guest

You can't have self will and then expect people to all be the same. That's a contradiction and then some.

16. Lupine

Lupine Guest

But how will these things (As they will no longer be human) deal with adversity. They won't have had anytime to grow, to learn they jump straight to a point in time.

And where will it stop? Will you change them.again if you don't like something else? But won't that create diversity we can't have that. Do we recall the first lot for removal because they are now different. Would they want to? They have free will after all.

17. olddragon

olddragon New Member

Money:
    15⛀
    What on earth are you going on about?

18. Lupine

Lupine Guest

I see because we are western people we can't understand these sorts of things. Ah yes sorry we're all a bit thick this side of the world.

Or perhaps it's that we believe people have a right to be different, to make mistakes.

I should also point out that @SexyAsianBitch isn't western and easyly pointed out issues right at the start of this conversation.

19. Freebird99

Freebird99 Active Member

Money:
    1,362⛀
    Your saying that everyone would be healthy and all be the same in intelligence and social stature, and that because everyone is the same then there wouldn't be any more disagreement or violence in the world. That everyone would come out at there birth and have all of the knowledge and skills that they would need to survive and thrive.

But the world needs disorder and chaos. That's how life evolved, by chaos and upheavals. What your describing sounds like a utopian paradise, but in all actuality it would just be a stagnant pool of genetic sameness. No chance for any kind of natural selection to happen. Just the same over and over. Yes if things were like this then maybe we wouldn't have people like Adolf Poppycock, BTK, Ted Bundy, or any of history's other notorious evils, but we also wouldn't have people like Vincent van Gogh who was able to create his work because of his mental state, or Albert Einstein who by today's standards would be considered having ADHD.

I get what your saying, but life and growth need struggle and adversity to thrive.

Vey and Lupine like this.
  20. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,513⛀
    Utopia can never be attained and you sound like every dictator that has ever lived. You honestly sound like someone who seen one two many dystopia movies and think you can do right what they did wrong. Or at worst you think Thanos is correct in the marvel movies. The have failed to acknowledge that @Freebird99 has mentioned this type of lining is unattainable. When you mention everyone will have the same intelligence and social status, what would you do when something goes wrong and someone decides to go against this new status quo? Are you going to silence this individual? Have them "go away" ? If that is the case then you are no longer looking at big picture and instead thinking only of yourself for what you think perfection is. Everyone has flaws and that is what makes life so interesting. Everyone has free will, what will you do when someone has a different point of view then everyone else. What you are describing is utopia and dystopia. One man's utopia is another man's dystopia

Lupine likes this.