READ THIS FIRST: Why was I banned?

Discussion in 'Appeal Your Ban' started by vitriolicv, Aug 6, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vitriolicv

vitriolicv Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    119,888⛀
    Why was I banned?
    Chatters are regularly banned from the service for violating our rules. These bans are accurate and affect only the offenders in question in the vast majority of cases.

Likely reasons for your ban:
    • You stated, even jokingly, that you were under the age of 18.
    • You expressed an interest in underage individuals.
    • You posted content that a moderator suspected depicted underage individuals -- including fictional subjects.
    • You mass-messaged or solicited for immediate off-site contact in public.
    • You solicited to buy or sell services.
    But I didn't do that!
    Users on our service are identified by their IP addresses. This is currently the only way the workings of the Internet provide to discipline or restrict any individual found guilty of misusing our service. However, because of the way the Internet works, an IP address may belong to several different individual users of a given Internet Service Provider (ISP) over a span of time, depending on their ISP's policies. Therefore, it is possible, but exceedingly rare, for IP address bans against users connecting via mobile or residential Internet services to be erroneous.

Additionally, some Internet Service Providers, and sometimes even every ISP within an entire country, control their abusive users very poorly, and as a result, all of the IP addresses in their IP address pools must be pre-emptively banned from our service. This is also the case with VPN and proxy services.

You may appeal bans by posting in our Ban Appeals forum. These posts will be reviewed on a case by case basis. There is no guarantee that we will reverse your ban, but posting here is the best chance you have to see a favorable resolution.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2020
  2. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,838⛀
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.