Take away our right to bare arms ; a good or bad idea ?

Discussion in 'Drama' started by Lamar56, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Not them lol The ones who aren't doing that. Darwin's theory may take care of the others.

witchygirl and SexyAsianBitch like this.
  2. DurtySouth

DurtySouth Well-Known Member

Remember when I said it's all fun and games until someone gets disemboweled, decapitated, and has their intestines crammed down their neck hole? This is EXACTLY what I was talking about...

witchygirl likes this.
  3. witchygirl

witchygirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,603⛀
  4. intoxicity

intoxicity New Member

Money:
    334,492⛀
    By that logic, why even have laws in the first place if nobody abides by them? Your argument is flawed.

5. Lamar56

Lamar56 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,516⛀
    It's not flawed by any means in today's world or politics !!

6. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    The whole debate is flawed because the government doesn't want to take away guns. Some on the left want stricter gun control but no one has put forth a bill to take away all guns . And no one ever will. It's fear mongering put out by the NRA and the right. The best way to control and cement your base is to say ' hey these guys want to take something from you your rights and only we can protect you' at least as far as conservative voters go. And don't forget the NRA gives millions to politicians on the right and have a very well paid lobbying arm as well. So basically a group of people who are part of 'the swamp' the right rails against so much have convinced a group of people that someone else wants to do something that no one has actually tried to do. George Orwell wasn't very far off.

witchygirl likes this.
  7. Vey

Vey Guest

Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable @Dcdevon :)
    The American relationship with guns is slightly peculiar to outsiders like me but I think cultural change takes time and it’s impossible to legislate as long as guns are a product of your history. With more than 300 million firearms owned by 30 % of the population, on average 90 people are killed by a firearm in the US every day. Over the past three years I think, there were too many legislative proposals to force schools to permit guns or to arm teachers. But I can’t see the teachers playing Rambo and I don’t think most of them will agree to carry guns even if the law allowed. A better idea in my opinion is to talk more about stopping kids getting their hands on guns in the first place, but it won’t happen very soon.

Dcdevon likes this.
  8. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Well @Vey we have a solution to the problem. According to Oliver North of the NRA ( and Iran/Contra scandel) all we need to do is get kids off Ritalin. And when you combine that with the Texas Lt. Governors conclusion that there are too many doors in schools and that's why the shootings happen we are all set. Oh yeah let's not forget video games and abortion which the Republicans have ingeniously figured out are also causes of school shootings.

Vey and witchygirl like this.
  9. Vey

Vey Guest

@Dcdevon I know the statements. Pure speed for the brains ... But let’s not forget, “you've got to have defense, too. You can't just be sitting ducks."

Dcdevon likes this.
  10. intoxicity

intoxicity New Member

Money:
    334,492⛀
    And yet you provide no reason as to how it's not. Please explain. I'm not even all that committed to arguing against you on the topic at hand. I just wanna know about your logic. If you're under the impression that passing laws is ineffective because criminals don't follow laws, why even have laws in the first place? Does that not make sense?

11. intoxicity

intoxicity New Member

Money:
    334,492⛀
    But do you disagree that having some set of laws in place (for anything, not just for guns) limits the amount of people doing wrong? I mean, you're not wrong to say they won't abide by laws. People break them all the time, I know that. Just isn't really a strong argument, and honestly, neither was his reply to my statement lmao.

12. witchygirl

Money:
    199,603⛀
    As an Australian we destroyed the guns after our law was changed, so they never got into the wrong hands. Im not saying people don't have them we just have less and strangely NO mass shootings in over 20yrs.

Dcdevon likes this.
  13. LastOne

LastOne Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,564⛀
    Neither a good or a bad idea. But an idea that I personally hope will lead to the creation of services that can help identify, assist and/or detain the people that abuse this right by killing the innocent. We tend to solve problems by taking things away. Would like to see us create solutions instead. This is as serious as I will ever get on here. So run with it.

Lamar56 likes this.
  14. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    I wasn't talking about state restrictions. I was talking about the federal government. The NRA gives money for the same reason all groups do for access and influence. And then they get donations from people and groups which cover it and pay their big salaries. It's a long con and people fall for it. First of all constitutional amendments don't happen just like that. Congress has to approve them and that's what it would take for the government to ban all guns. And that isn't ever going to happen.

witchygirl likes this.
  15. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Because like most politicians that's what they really care about getting re-elected. That's why despite having control of both chambers Republicans haven't actually passed much legislation, especially concerning the official party platform. Too much infighting from different factions trying to portray the image the people in their district want. As a liberal leaning person it hasn't been as bad as I would have thought. Neither Mitch nor Ryan can even guarantee enough votes on things that should be easy for a Republican controlled government to accomplish.

witchygirl likes this.
  16. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Besides guys the right is in power. Protecting gun rights should be as easy as repealing ACA, building the wall, tax reform ( and on a related note not adding trillions to the deficit ) fixing our trade deficit. You know all those things the right promised to do if put in power.

witchygirl likes this.
  17. Lamar56

Lamar56 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,516⛀
    You just had a mass shooting just yesterday in your country !! So banning guns is not the answer !!

18. witchygirl

Money:
    199,603⛀
    Huh ??? Where ?

19. witchygirl

Money:
    199,603⛀
    Please ? I watched the News i have no idea what you are talking about. Unless you mean the one in Texas which is in America not Australia mate

20. Kris1973

Kris1973 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

True western Aus in Perth area treated as murder suicide who family. 3 guns registered to owner so were legal guns, just read report. Farmers have guns in rural areas. Sad story as kids killed.

But in US it's too late to ban guns many will disappear and end up in wrong hands. Control and licensing plus increasing the age limits and storage of guns. I have to give 24hrs notice to open my gun cabinet as lock controlled remotely. Criminals will not hand guns over so they will have a field day causing crime to sky rocket. Also press are quick to report shootings but not where the shooter has been stopped by another gun carrier.
    So make bloody difficult to buy them have them monitored and above all kids should have no access to them and parents should take some responsibility in what their kids are up to.