Take away our right to bare arms ; a good or bad idea ?

Discussion in 'Drama' started by Lamar56, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Male_uk

Male_uk Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    11,128⛀
    I can handle myself just fine, thank you very much.

See the part about an intruder is very unlikely to enter my home without a gun. It would be a hand to hand combat situation, something I have many years of practice in.

2. Lamar56

Lamar56 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,516⛀
    We can organize a civilian military ; with ex- military civilians !! And you would be surprised how well guns owners will fight !! for freedom !!!

3. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    And how could you know that he does not have a gun ? Do you have x-ray eyes ?

4. Male_uk

Money:
    11,128⛀
    Then my good sir you are bloody well deluded.

Just ask the freedom fighters of Afghanistan or maybe ever Iraq how well they did? And some of these are people who have spent their entire lives in a war zone vs the average American whos only war zone they've ever encountered is trying to shop on Black Friday.

5. piece_head

piece_head Guest

I really hate these threads but there are a few things wrong here. Maybe go back to 4th grade history class? The Continental Army was trained, yes they drew from farmers etc but they were trained. Perhaps you are thinking of the local militias who asissted as necessary and weren't as well trained as the army regulars. As for rifles, those didn't exist. Muskets were used by both armies.

We also had quite a lot of help from France. Without their navy the war could have turned out quite different.

6. Male_uk

Money:
    11,128⛀
    See the deterrent about our gun laws.

A couple of months vs 5 years guaranteed for a couple of hundred quid sold second hand isn't worth it.

The difference between us and you is thieves enter a home armed knowing they could encounter a gun so arm themselves appropriately. That doesn't happen here because the only bad people who own guns don't go round robbing homes. They are usually a little higher up the food chain and they aren't people I have in my circle of friends.

7. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    This is all true ; my point here is i have a right to own a gun . I also have the right to use that gun . I myself do not use that gun to kill ; but i have the right to defend myself with that gun if it is nessesary !! And as far as fighting for my freedom ; i will fight to the end with that gun if i have to .

8. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    I also have seen over in your country that death cause by guns have gone up . So much for your strict gun laws from stopping criminals from getting
    their hands on guns !!

9. Male_uk

Money:
    11,128⛀
    [​IMG]
    Seems to show a steady decline.

Struggling to get an up to date graph though.

10. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    I see it stops at 2015 ; you must not listen to the right news .

11. Male_uk

Money:
    11,128⛀
    I avoid fox news and the daily mail, unlike you.

12. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Lamar is an idiot . Anyone who thinks they have a chance against our military with just guns is too stupid or crazy to debate. He will just come back with nonsense not grounded in reality. Y'all are better off debating a cactus.

Kris1973, witchygirl and Male_uk like this.
  13. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    Ahh , you assume wrong my friend ; i have not listened to Fox or any other media for 5 years !! I do my own research .

Lil_Amy likes this.
  14. Male_uk

Money:
    11,128⛀
    Unless you can come up with a legitimate reason for owning a gun that doesn't involve some Rambo fantasy or about how owning an a large magazined semi automatic converted hunting rifle is a legitimate form of home protection (about the best I could agree on is a small calibre hand gun) then I'm bailing on this.

I will say your 2nd ammendment is a bullshit right and has caused more harm than good. When was the last time you needed to rise up against your government?

Lupine, Misha000 and Dcdevon like this.
  15. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Here's a scenario. A bunch of guys decide to rebel against the government. Let's say you have a few hundred of them in a militia . They attack a government building. Even if they could pull it off without the FBI finding out which in and of it self would be hard, thanks to The Patriot Act and the fact that treason is punishable by death ( and most of these guys talk a good game but would shit themselves if the Feds kicked in their door) . A few drones and gunships would end that shit real quick. And a threshold was already been established that enemy combatents that are American citizens do not have the right to a trial. Add all that together you get hundreds of dead fools on a highway .

Male_uk likes this.
  16. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    Ah there is your problem you assume it will not happen again . Well when Britain and Europe falls under Muslim Law then don't come crying to me about your freedoms out the window . It is people with your mind set that let Hit.ler run wild inWW2 . If you don't learn from history ; you are doomed to
    repeat it !!

Lil_Amy likes this.
  17. Male_uk

Money:
    11,128⛀
    Love a good fantasy don't they!

Completely ignoring that over 20 years most wars that the US have participated in have been done by air strikes. This idea of competing with ground troops is a fallacy. A couple of apaches and well targeted missiles are stopping any uprising.

If the ground troops are in then you've already lost. They're just there to maintain order.

Dcdevon likes this.
  18. Male_uk

Money:
    11,128⛀
    Lol and you don't watch Fox news?

You getting your information from the Onion?

Dcdevon likes this.
  19. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    i listen to people who know history ; they don't report B.S.

ReadyAlready likes this.
  20. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    They do indeed! Walking around with shirts saying ' You'll have to pry my gun from my cold dead fingers ' Acting tough but they all know the government is completely ok with that if need be. He talks about history completely ignoring what happened to radical groups the FBI deemed a threat in the 70's. And that's without modern technology. Imagine what they can do today !

Male_uk likes this.