Take away our right to bare arms ; a good or bad idea ?

Discussion in 'Drama' started by Lamar56, Apr 5, 2018.

1. I live in Britain — I’ve always been of the opinion that the constitution and declaration of rights is just something a bunch of old white dudes thought of back when duelling was a thing. They had a right to bear arms because they settled their disagreements with guns — and that it was horrendously outdated.

However, after more research, it became apparent to me that some Americans consider a gun a necessity in their household, which is also fine. To appease everyone there needs to be a level of compromise. I hate guns, Im a pacifist, but I’d never make it so that anyone has to feel unsafe.

But I do think there should be a restriction on what kind of guns you should be able to buy and I also think that it should be age restricted and restricted to those who are of sound mind. But that’s just me. Our opinions are all very different in their own special ways.

2. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    I'm sort of middle of the road on this issue. I do not support a ban on all guns. I grew up around guns my dad and uncles all hunted and I shoty first one at 12 ( which was late for my family ) I do support a ban on assault style weapons. But as far as handguns go and riffles even high caliber ones I'm fine with. Gun bans don't work here. There was a handgun ban in DC and in the nineties there were a few years that the city topped 400 murders a year. Most with handguns. The U.S has never been good at keeping out banned items. Our borders are too open ( I'm not a fan of a wall) but prohibition didn't work , and neither has the war on drugs. If the demand is high enough someone will supply it. Criminals will get guns legal or not. But assault riffles I think can be curbed do to the amount on the market and the cost. I get where people on both sides come from but I think going to far either way is not the solution.

3. TokeyPokeyChokey

TokeyPokeyChokey Active Member

Money:
    875⛀
    Haha I hear ya. And that my friends, is why you follow

Rule 1. Finger off the trigger until ready to destroy.

Dcdevon likes this.
  4. MoriartyAndTiger

MoriartyAndTiger New Member

Money:
    6⛀
    Taking away the right to bear arms would be virtually pointless. There would still be shootings, there would still be gun violence. Americans who use the right to bear arms as an opportunity to commit illegal acts would have no problem with purchasing a gun on the black market and continuing to act violently. The difference is, law abiding citizens would be sitting ducks compared to the criminals as they would have no effective method of defending themselves. Some might argue that the second amendment should be abolished because of the difference between modern fire arms and the fire arms available when the law was passed, but then how far would that logic extend? Nowadays we have access to larger living quarters, social media, cell phones, computers, etc. But does that mean that the right of the people to be secure in their persons houses papers and effects should also be abolished? The right to bear arms should remain, but people should be screened more effectively. Mental health tests, for example. We shouldn't give a schizophrenic person a gun, the same way that we wouldn't allow them to drive. People should go through harsher screening and evaluation, but the second amendment sure as hell shouldn't be abolished.

Lamar56 likes this.
  5. Serena_A

Serena_A Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Well, not from the US but I'll give my opinion.
    Since guns are like holy instruments over there, taking them away would be counter-productive. Jut imagine all the angry folks asking for their pistols and shotguns.
    But then again, it seems it's quite easy to get one.
    How about making better regulations?
    Make sure the person that has the gun is alright in the head and not planning to shoot a school somewhere.
    Periodical evalutations maybe? Access to less "lethal" firearms?
    I dunno, I don't like guns.
    But taking them away won't solve any issues I suppose.

6. Peacecountry

Peacecountry Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    7,155⛀
    I don't believe taking guns away from law abiding and responsible people will solve anything. However, after the Parkland school shooting, there have been some people talking about arming teachers and ordinary citizens as some sort of deterrent. That, to me, is complete nonsense and utterly irresponsible. Case in point, this just happened in Houston for a little perspective. Of all things, the guy starts shooting wildly over the theft of a measly cellphone. Think about that for a minute. We are lucky this idiot didn't kill several people.
    https://www.wptv.com/news/local-new...-security-guard-chasing-a-shoplifting-suspect

7. Peacecountry

Money:
    7,155⛀
    Fwiw, I am saddened by all the violence, as are most people. The more recent shootings at the synagogue in Pittsburgh and the college pub in Thousand Oaks Ca. are just so meaningless and sad that it makes one weep for the future of the younger generations to come. It just keeps getting worse and worse, it seems. I don't think there will ever be a perfect answer to this because there will never be an across the board consensus and the guns are already out there.

8. Lupine

Lupine Guest

You just need more guns in the hands of good people.....

What makes me laugh the most of that you train the military in the proper use of guns. You give them proper rules and regulations on how and when they can use them. Then you hand them out like smarties to civilians and hope they will play nice..

If the US cared about those lost to the gun culture it would do something about it. As it doesn't, it doesn't care. It's more interested in trying to preserve an idea in a document written hundreds of years ago..

Times change..

Dcdevon and witchygirl like this.
  9. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    8,712⛀
    The second amendment shall never be repealed.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms and was adopted on December 15, 1791, as part of the first ten amendments contained in the Bill of Rights.

Keep the NRA running strong on liberal anxieties and controlling political personalities (most of them Jewish) :cool:

10. witchygirl

witchygirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,603⛀
    *Bare*.....

Dcdevon and Lupine like this.
  11. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Then don't go on TV and cry about people when they die due to guns. As it proves you live by out dated ideas and care little for those who die.

In fact remove all restraints on other things as why should people be protected from toxins, polluted water, unsafe vehicles etc..

12. Lamar56

Lamar56 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,516⛀
    We believe in our Constitution ; as we also believe that all men are created equal !!! Our laws are based on the Bible . Our Constitution can only be changed by Amendments Our founding fathers were very God fearing men . They believed that all of man's right come from God not Government !!! Our Constitution limits the power of our Government over the God given rights of man and limits the Government's power of taking away those rights to every individual !!!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  13. Lupine

Lupine Guest

All men are created equal. You sure on that, all US citizens have the same rights?

Want to just check that before saying so. Because your own news networks are saying a lot of things different to that..

14. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    And this post isn't racist @GamerGirl92 and @blaze1990 you two fuckwits were going she isn't a racist you just say that because she's conservative blah blah blah. Meanwhile she proud of it and probably laughing at you dumbass's for claiming she isn't.

witchygirl likes this.
  15. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,512⛀

The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Also the definition of amendment literally means it can be changed.

a·mend·ment
    /əˈmen(d)mənt/
    noun
    1. a minor change in a document.
      • a change or addition to a legal or statutory document.
        "an amendment to existing bail laws"
      • an article added to the US Constitution.
        noun: Amendment; plural noun: Amendments
        "the First Amendment"

16. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Funny thing about the Constitution Lupine it wasn't written to apply to slaves or their decendents. And even after we were granted citizenship it still didn't apply to us because of Jim Crow laws. But conservatives still qoute that shit like it really meant everyone. It also didn't apply to women. But yeah they really believe it lol right gotcha all Men are created equal. Unless we need you to pick our cotton , rice , or tobacco.

witchygirl and Lupine like this.
  17. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    And don't any of you mental midgits act like she wasn't perpetuating the ' evil Jew ' trope . We all know what she meant. And so does she. And since you all support her you are just as bad as her. So yes @GamerGirl92 you are a racist. And so are you @blaze1990 because it doesn't matter whether you support all her beliefs or not. You support her so by extension you are just as fucked up as her. You are judged by the company you keep.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    witchygirl likes this.
  18. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,837⛀
  19. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    No one wants to take away your right to have bare arms guys. There is no insidious plot by the left to make you all wear long sleeves.

Leukje and witchygirl like this.
  20. Peacecountry

Money:
    7,155⛀
    Honestly, I have no problem with the right to bare arms and also no issue with those who wish to own guns. Be it for hunting, sport target shooting, collecting and even home protection. Frankly, if a bunch of fucked up crack heads break into my house in the middle of the night, I would love to be able to put them down and fuck them up big time.

My problem is letting people own these weapons with nothing but a simple criminal check and a bare minimum of knowledge. Yes, it's a constitutional right but as with any right, it has to come with responsibility. It seems our society no longer wants to take responsibility for anything and it is deteriorating rapidly into some free for all. There isn't some easy panacea that will cure this disease but both sides have to work to change this existing situation because we can't have a dozen people being killed needlessly every few weeks. And we can't have asshats running around firing their weapon like they are in some "Die Hard" sequel. This is real life, not some hollywood action flic.

Longer waiting periods, psych evals, training, etc. You don't hand the keys to a Ferrari to some kid who has never driven a car. Just my 2 cents.

Lupine likes this.