Take away our right to bare arms ; a good or bad idea ?

Discussion in 'Drama' started by Lamar56, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    8,712⛀
  2. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,512⛀
    How exactly do I contradict my own reasoning? I simply found the flaw of what was posted in the photo.

3. Steg

Steg Guest

No one will take away my right to bare arms. They will never take away my T-shirts!!!

4. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Just her eye ? Pity .

witchygirl likes this.
  5. KingDavid

KingDavid Buzzword vendor

They really don't.

6. witchygirl

witchygirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,603⛀
    You are all delusional... Screenshot_20190601-092010_Facebook.jpg

Dcdevon likes this.
  7. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
  8. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

9. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,512⛀
    https://thefederalistpapers.org/founders/washington/top-5-fake-george-washington-quotes
    https://guncite.com/gc2ndbog.html
    according to these two extremely different websites the above quote is false.

[​IMG]

The "Liberty Teeth" Speech by George Washington

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The church, the plow, the prairie wagon, and citizen's firearms are indelibly related. From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable. Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99 99/100 percent of them by their silence indicate they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference; they deserve a place with all that's good. When firearms, go all goes; we need them every hour.
    --- Falsely attributed to George Washington, address to the second session of the first U.S. Congress.This quotation, sometimes called the "liberty teeth" quote, appears nowhere in Washington's papers or speeches, and contains several historical anachronisms: the reference to "prairie wagon" in an America which had yet to even begin settling the Great Plains (which were owned by France at the time), the reference to "the Pilgrims" which implies a modern historical perspective, and particularly the attempt by "Washington" to defend the utility of firearms (by use of statistics!) to an audience which would have used firearms in their daily lives to obtain food, defend against hostile Indians, and which had only recently won a war for independence.
    The "99 99/100 percent" is also an odd phrase for 18th century America, which tended not to use fractional percentages. It's clear that "Washington" is addressing "gun control" arguments which wouldn't exist for another couple of centuries, not to mention doing so in a style that is uncharacteristic of the period, and uncharacteristic of Washington's addresses to Congress, both of which exhibited a high degree of formality.

This is a false quote, but bits and pieces of it still continue to crop up from time to time. Even national publications, such as Playboy magazine, have been snared by it. (Playboy published the "quote" in December 1995 as part of an article entitled "Once and for All: What the Founding Fathers Said About Guns". After consulting with an assistant editor of the George Washington Papers at the University of Virginia, Playboy published a lengthy correction in March 1996.)

The above analysis (by Clayon Cramer) was taken in part from a "talk.politics.guns" usenet FAQ. (Original source: Cramer, Clayton, Firing Back, 1995. Used by permission of the author.)

10. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
  11. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    What country do you live in ? It's not this one . And if the government wants your guns they will kill you and take them . Your pistol or rifle is no match against trained agents. Or the military.. The rule that forbids the military from enforcing domestic law is not part of the Constitution. It's an act of Congress that can be rescinded whenever they want. And Mister Niceguy set the precedent when he drone striked an American citizen in Afghanistan. Enemy combatents are whatever the government says they are . You included.

12. witchygirl

witchygirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,603⛀
    Americans think bringing guns against government that uses drones is smart...

Dcdevon likes this.
  13. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    It's because that's what the NRA and Republicans tell them . They have been conditioned to believe it , like it's 1775 or something. Doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense.

witchygirl likes this.
  14. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    So you've been owned .

witchygirl likes this.
  15. luv2lickwetkat

luv2lickwetkat Member FCN Regular

Money:
    379⛀
    BARING ARMS IN NOT A RIGHT, ITS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EVERY AMERICAN TO HAVE THE MEANS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM GOVERNMENT. I believe if the government stock piles nuclear weapons, it should be my right to get a co-opp together to have one or two of our own to make sure the government cant threaten to use them against us. I know that is a little out there, but how are we to protect ourselves from government, if they are the only ones that have all the cool shit? Realistically, who am I kidding, America will sell arms to any nation willing to pay for them, they just call it "Aid". I do believe you should not be able to own a weapon without being able to prove you know how to use it. I have to get a drivers license to drive, why should I not have a license to carry?

witchygirl likes this.
  16. Penguin_Petey

Penguin_Petey Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    6,448⛀
    Having served my country, as a professional soldier for more than 22 years and served in "various hot zones" around the world, I find that quote to be as appropriate today as he day it was written.

And it´s good to see someone get the quote right for a change !!!

Autonomous likes this.
  17. Penguin_Petey

Money:
    6,448⛀
    I never said I served America, I was in the best army the world has seen since Julius Ceasar; Her Britannic Majesty´s Armed Forces.

18. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    She didn't get it right . Washington couldn't have given that speech as SAB pointed out .

witchygirl likes this.
  19. Penguin_Petey

Money:
    6,448⛀
    She did not attribute the quote to George Washington, the quote is attributed to Edmund Burke.
    I was commenting on the: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

20. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Oh sorry she posted a qoute that she did get wrong . Thought you meant that one .