Tell Me The Difference Between Democrats And Republicans Today !!

Discussion in 'Drama' started by Lamar56, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

If you mean that Black people are expected to vote 'Left', Lamar56, then I would say that the days of the Darcus Howe's of the world are gone.

Black, Gay, Disabled people etc. do not have to vote 'Left', indeed there are plenty of examples of these people voting 'Right'. Maybe in the 1960s-1980s, we did try out 'Identity Politics' but that ship has long since sailed.

Black people are smart enough to vote how best they see fit, and whether we agree with their choice or not we have to respect it - even if it goes against what we individually think and believe.

2. Lamar56

Lamar56 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,516⛀
    90 percent of blacks here in the U.S. voted Democrat in the last Presidential election .

3. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    That fetuses is a human life !!! As you were in the womb !!! Giving it up for adoption is a more humane option !! Why kill it ?

4. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,054⛀
    There you go with more of your nonsense. I was wondering how long you'd stay quiet lol

witchygirl likes this.
  5. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

Then that is their choice - 10% voted non-Democrat.

In the UK, though the Black vote is currently predominantly Left, that is changing. The Conservatives are starting to get more Black votes, whilst even parties like UKIP have Black, Gay and Disabled candidates. Strangely enough, the Black vote is down slightly for the Liberal Democrats and the Green Party.

There is a shift away from the past, where as I said Identity Politics did try and persuade any non-white, straight or able-bodied person to join up, and I think that is a good thing that parties should and maybe now cannot count on historical trends and patterns; in fact, in a lot of predominantly Labour/Left voting towns in the north of England (those affected by rape gangs) they will not vote Labour come the next General Election.

The dynamics of politics has changed - Brexit and Agent Orange have already seen to that. Will the UK follow suit and elect a certain Mr. Rees-Mogg as the successor to the incumbent PM Theresa May... one can only wonder.

Dcdevon likes this.
  6. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,054⛀
    Right ! And the civil war was more than 150 years ago. It has nothing to do with what's going on today. But that's how far they have to go back to make a case. They can't mention anything now or in the last 70 years. Because there is nothing of course.

witchygirl likes this.
  7. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀

8. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,054⛀
    Oh yes you are . Maybe not you personally. But the Republican party itself definitely has its fair share of racists. Let's see you have King in Ohio , the woman who made the public hanging comment about black students, the governor elect of Florida, Donald Tr.ump etc etc etc

witchygirl likes this.
  9. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,054⛀
    And let's not forget the suppression of black and native absentee ballots in N.C . You really think people will vote for a party that first disenfranchised them with gerrymandering and now activity suppresses their vote ? Really lol

witchygirl likes this.
  10. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    Well my dear they were told by Michelle Mister Niceguy to stay and live in their poor inner city communities during Ob.ama's last election !!!

11. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,054⛀
    You are so ignorant of history it's not even funny although you claim to have studied it. Black people first started to leave the Republican party in large numbers during FDRs term when we came up with the New Deal. And you saying that black people vote Democratic because they are told to implies that you think we are not smart enough to figure out our own best interests. So you actually have some racist viewpoints yourself and you are a Republican so.... If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then .......it's a fucking duck lol

12. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,054⛀
  13. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    Lets hit you with Black Lives Matter !! The Demoscrats are worried about racists Cops and black lives right ?

If black lives really matter ; then why are the Democrats silent on the issue of black on black crimes including murder in the inner city communities ?

14. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,054⛀
    And Republicans are addresing that issue? Black on black crime is rooted in poverty . There is no easy fix. And any politician who says there is is full of shit. And btw I live in a majority black urban county with the highest number of wealthy black people in America. We don't all live in the inner city. And the is plenty of violence in poor white areas as well.

15. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

Interesting...

I was also born into a poor inner city area in Cardiff. Born in poverty, the choice was whether to heat or eat many times, and there would be icicles inside my bedroom every cold winter (that's how bad it got, and the landlord - also the council - did sod all to help. They were not interested in the poor regardless of their colour/gender etc.)

Over the course of time, I learnt that no matter which party is in charge the poor at the bottom will still be shat upon. If you think that DT cares about the poor, you are mistaken, as DT only cares about himself and his own self advancement in the world - same as any other politician anywhere.

I don't resent my 'bad start' in life, it actually did me some good as I look after myself and do not need anybody to do it for me.

16. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    Oh then lets just burn the U.S. Constitution then and start over. The electoral college was set up so that every state had an equal voice and vote in every election !! We are a Representative government not a pure democracy !!

17. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    In this case i agree with you .

18. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
  19. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

My thoughts on BLM:

I support any group who feel disenfranchised, but I wish they had gone in with poor whites as allies rather than the opportunist SJW contingents.

Sounds strange? Well, both groups feel disenfranchised and ignored by politicians and the elites so they actually have a lot in common.

Perhaps they could have achieved more, even eclipsing Occupy Wall Street.

20. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    Iwas poor as well ; but my drive to succeed and education got me out of it and no political party helped me !!