Archived The FreeChatNow Android app

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Jamsey, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamsey

Jamsey The Boss Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    1,138,259⛀
    We invite everyone with compatible devices to download, test and give feedback of the Droid app available in the Google Play store:

Click Here to download the app --> Free Chat <--

Thanks all!

2. ASummerDream

ASummerDream Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    26,159⛀
    Ok..I downloaded the app..showed me limited rooms & no key to access my profile or forum, then said I was blocked..wtf lol so I removed fcn app and logged in my usual way..i use to ages ago have an app for fcn, but it disappeared, lol as I was having issues with my user name.. the new app sux..lol im using a Samsung 9 android

3. Jamsey

Money:
    1,138,259⛀
    Rooms are limited to comply with Play's TOS. but you can always type /join roomname to join a room you know exists but it'snt on the list.

"no key to access my profile or forum" What does that mean?

4. SweetLesGirl

SweetLesGirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    223,800⛀
    Hallo I have add it and its very fast and nice but you cant use forums then there is no option to go to forums so I will stay with the way I normaly use FCN. Nice app tho no complains.

5. Jamsey

Money:
    1,138,259⛀
    I'll double check this, you can click "View Profile" on a user that links to the forums, we'll get a link to the forums in the settings menu if it's not there in the next update.

Thanks for the feedback!

SweetLesGirl likes this.
  6. SweetLesGirl

SweetLesGirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    223,800⛀
    You are welcome

7. Markym52

Markym52 Guest

I've downloaded the app and to be honest, I prefer accessing the forums from the website. I'll keep an eye on it though, and will use the app once it becomes more suited for me.

8. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,964⛀
    In addition to
    /join #RoomName command to enter unlisted channels, here are a few other ways to enter channels:

You can type #RoomName (hashtag is important when using commands to enter channels), send the message to chat and click on it to join.

If you have a preferred set of channels, in a preferred order you like to join, use this method:

/join #RoomName,#RoomName,#RoomName,#RoomName,#RoomName ...etc.
    (hashtags and commas are important—no spaces between RoomNames either)

If you're feeling frisky and adventurous,, type !joinall to be joined to all rooms at once, in no particular order. (Device performance warning: because there are 2,000 to
    3,000+ people spread out across all rooms and they could all be sending messages, you may experience degraded performance on older devices after joining all channels)

9. SandraMaus

SandraMaus Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    8,311⛀
    I downloaded it and it runs smooth. It's small size, doesn't ask for any permissions. It just does what it says on the package. Well done. Would be nice to be able to access the forum not using someones profile each time. The same the other way around. Getting from the forum to a chatroom in n the app. I just noticed on more thing. The app does not save chatroom settings and fonts when you close it. When you open it again still logged in, the settings are gone.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  10. mayank0237

mayank0237 Active Member FCN Regular

Everything is good. Cam option also not available on the application which is available on Web.

SandraMaus likes this.
  11. SandraMaus

Money:
    8,311⛀
    I just checked. The setting are still gone when you close the app and open it again.

Rampage_roleplayer_ likes this.
  12. So if you are like the boss, could you please do something about the posers that hang around here?

13. Rampage_roleplayer_

Rampage_roleplayer_ Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    9,141⛀

I would like to raise the same issue. I have been using the app for a month now, and every time I close the app, my font settings, appearance (backlog lines, font size, timestamps, etc.) are reset. it will be awesome if it is fixed :)

14. NerdyFutaTeen

NerdyFutaTeen New Member

Money:
    15⛀
    The app is no longer on the Google Play store, and I am unable to get it back since upgrading to a new phone. I would appreciate if there was a file that could be downloaded directly from the site, so I can still use the app.

15. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,964⛀
    App can't be retrieved from phone backup?

16. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,513⛀
    In the library tab under your account on the Google Play store, all the apps you previously downloaded that are not currently on your device will be shown. You should be able to download from there

17. SandraMaus

Money:
    8,311⛀
    I didn't use the app version lately. Reading this now I discovered that the app is not on my phone, backups or on my Playstore list. o_O

18. NerdyFutaTeen

NerdyFutaTeen New Member

Money:
    15⛀
    It has been removed from the Google Play store, and cannot be accessed from there.

19. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,513⛀
    I was referring to your own account in the play store. Under My apps & games. There is a history of all the apps you downloaded that are currently not on your active device

20. lexireek

lexireek Well-Known Member FCN Regular

The app isn't on the store anymore, is there an .apk anywhere? @Stanthropical

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.