What about literature?

Discussion in 'Film, Music, Literature, Art' started by Hedonist, Dec 5, 2016.

?

Should literature be included?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Hedonist

Hedonist He HATES pleasure.

Money:
    247,441⛀
    I'll be the 1st post on this thread too. Ok, as an author, I feel thoroughly discriminated against with only Films and Music listed. :) Lets get the thread title amended hey? Good on you FCN. You guys rock.

Curvy likes this.
  2. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    yassssssssssssssssssss

Hedonist likes this.
  3. Hedonist

Money:
    247,441⛀
    Thx for the support. :)

4. Huntress

Huntress Active Member

Money:
    57,297⛀
    Literature is clearly neither "film" nor "music". That should be obvious.

5. Hedonist

Money:
    247,441⛀
    It is obvious, hence the request to add literature to the title. :)

6. Huntress

Huntress Active Member

Money:
    57,297⛀
  7. Gem

Gem Member FCN Regular

Money:
    149,484⛀
    I agree, Literature needs to be added:rolleyes:

Curvy likes this.
  8. Sir_Psycho_Sexy

Sir_Psycho_Sexy Member FCN Regular

Money:
    27,943⛀
    Include wines and tea to create the finer things forum.

Curvy and Autonomous like this.
  9. tesla

tesla Member FCN Regular

Money:
    30,165⛀
    Literature should most definitely happen.

10. vitriolicv

vitriolicv Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    119,888⛀
    how do i run wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    this game is too hard

11. swm43usa

swm43usa New Member

Money:
    11,583⛀
    Looks like it is part of the topic now

Attached Files:

12. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    that doesn't make any sense forums don't just change themselves stop submitting fake screenshots

13. swm43usa

swm43usa New Member

Money:
    11,583⛀
    :( not that talented. It's real. that is how it reads for me.

Thought I was being helpful :(

14. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    you shouldn't be trolling, trolling is what bad people do

15. swm43usa

swm43usa New Member

Money:
    11,583⛀
    I'm sorry I don't know what that is. If you think I am I will no longer post. thank you.

16. Hedonist

Money:
    247,441⛀
    Thanks for the inclusion of literature. You guys rock. Now, don't get me started on writing. I've managed to send more than 1 forum server into meltdown over the years so be warned. :)

Curvy likes this.
  17. HungryHungryHippy

HungryHungryHippy Member FCN Regular

Money:
    43⛀
    they changed the title!
    #powertothepeople

18. Hedonist

Money:
    247,441⛀
    Now, being FCN and with all the inherent disasters possible in here, I'm going to have to be seriously careful how and what I post here.

I'll start with this brief.

I've been a full-time writer the last 5 years with 19 novels currently available via the various e-book sites. The first couple of years, it was more of a hobby and the fact I managed to generate a few sales encouraged me to more passionately pursue it. Now, I make a decent living from it and that suits me as I am basically lazy and would rather work for me than anyone else as I am a damn easy bloke to work for. After a 30 year career in long distance heavy haulage working 16-18 hrs a day, 6 days a week, usually 1000's of miles from home, for all intents and purposes, I am retired and enjoying the time of my life.

I currently have 2 novels in progress, the active one at present is a piece of fiction based loosely on WW2 but with history being re-written to eliminate all the mistakes the Germans made. It began life on a forum, not unlike this one where a group of military enthusiasts started a debate about 'What if'. The idea blossomed and with the help of quite a few knowledgeable people, I volunteered to write the story. As this novel is a collaborative effort, I can not take credit and therefore, any proceeds it makes will be donated to Veteran's Affairs as our way of saying, 'Thank you for your service'.

The other unfinished work is a fictional war between Australia and Indonesia but its been relegated to the back-burner until the previous novel is completed and uploaded.

I do have a strong interest in any thing military beginning at the first days of organised warfare up until the present day but with a very strong interest in the 20th centaury conflicts, namely WW1 and WW2. But, that being said, I have dabbled in several genre's including Fantasy (Sword and Sandal), Techno-thrillers, period dramas and even have a solitary romance to my credit.

Now, going back to the beginning of this post, this is FCN so don't waste your time asking for details. I can just imagine the posts I would get if some folks here found the books on-line and decided to add something to the 'Critique this work' section and I can do without that. For the 1 or 2 extra sales mentioning it here might generate, the loss of 100's or even 1000's of sales due to adverse comments isn't worth it.

I may post snippets of work at times or ask for thoughts on ideas or situations I am envisioning but that will be about the limit as far as I am concerned. If anyone wants help or advice on anything to do with writing, I am happy to do what I can to assist.

So, that's me. The way I see it, I get paid to bullshit and I am not going to do it for free. If you want me to lie, I accept paypal, direct funds transfers and money orders.

Cheers,
    Mike.

19. Jess

Jess Has a fifth sense!

Money:
    50⛀
    I completely understand not posting book information as to not generate negative responses, but I would genuinely love to read some of your work. If you ever feel the need to get a new fan, feel free to message me a title! As for snippets, I am looking forward to them! Keep writing, word nerd.

20. Spear

Spear Member FCN Regular

Money:
    351,463⛀
    there are bad people here?