What about literature?

Discussion in 'Film, Music, Literature, Art' started by Hedonist, Dec 5, 2016.

?

Should literature be included?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Hedonist

Hedonist He HATES pleasure.

Money:
    247,441⛀
    What sort of stuff do you enjoy? If I have anything along the lines you like, I'll hunt up a few snippets and post for your reading pleasure. I'm looking for an excuse to find out if the forum has a word limit anyway. I'd like to see if a 2000 or 3000 word post might send it into meltdown. :)

2. Mimii

Mimii New Member

Money:
    793⛀
    Power to u.. looking forward to reading said ' snippets'...

3. Jess

Jess Has a fifth sense!

Money:
    50⛀
    A
    ANYTHING. I will read anything I can get my hands on. I'm a fan of hot button issues and court cases though

4. Hedonist

Money:
    247,441⛀
    I have no idea what a 'hot button issue' is so I'll need enlightening on that one.
    Court cases, I can't help you. The only law I have ever written about are those pertaining to the laws of Mars, (The god of war).

I'll wait to hear what the former was before browsing for something to post.

5. Jess

Jess Has a fifth sense!

Money:
    50⛀
    Hot button issues are something that create controversy. Prolife/ Prochoice, a teens right for medical emancipation, giving blood to a Jehovah's witness because the ethics committee deemed it more important to save a life rather than religious belief

6. Hedonist

Money:
    247,441⛀
    Okay, it makes sense now I see the description. The closest anything I would have to any topics like that would be,

"Ensure safety catch is engaged before handling firearms."

I'll have a bit of thought about it and see if I can find something to post. I'm trying to decide if I should do something that may have just a little appeal for many or some thing that will have great appeal for just a few.

I think some on that too. I can always do a second post after narrowing it down some assuming the feed back isn't along the lines of 'Hang the bugga!'

7. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    Now every book I read, I am going to wonder if you wrote it...

8. Jess

Jess Has a fifth sense!

Money:
    50⛀
    Trust me, I read anything. Right now, I'm reading about the Irish Mafia and before that it was a woman sold into the sex slave industry and next it'll be a WW2 novel. Anything put in my hands, i'll read.

9. Hedonist

Money:
    247,441⛀
    I have discovered there is a 10,000 character limit on posts.

If you care to comment on 'Snippets' here, it well keep the snippet thread free for me to post either more of this story or switch to something else.

10. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    8,712⛀
    I'd recommend "Demonic" by Ann Coulter, "Outliers" by Malcom Gladwell, and a plethora of books on theological literature, like "The Battle for the Beginning" by John MacArthur

11. Hedonist

Money:
    247,441⛀
    I got this one for an early b-day present.

44 Days - 76 Squadron RAAF.jpg

12. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
    Nonfiction is best:D

13. Hedonist

Money:
    247,441⛀
    I got this one as well. :)

HMAS Australia.jpg

14. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
    so you're a history buff, aye?

15. Hedonist

Money:
    247,441⛀
    Military history, yeah. It comes in handy for an author. :)

16. TGirl

TGirl Well-Known Member

Money:
    6,649⛀
    Some of my favourite books ever are '1984', 'To Kill A Mockingbird', 'Life of Pi', 'A Quiet Belief In Angels', 'ASOIAF' aka 'Game Of Thrones' (as good as the TV series is, the books are better, trust me!) Kind of been addicted to Scandinavian crime novels for several years now. As far as non-fiction goes, I'll read anything by Noam Chomsky, John Pilger and I've just finished Naomie Klien's 'The Shock Doctrine-The Rise of Disaster Capitalism' which was brilliant ( even if deeply disturbing), well researched and informative.

SeriousLee and TacoBelle like this.
  17. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    Sooooooo agree the game of thrones books are better!!!!

TGirl likes this.
  18. TGirl

TGirl Well-Known Member

Money:
    6,649⛀
    Yep, I love George Martin' writing style. They're beautifully written books

SeriousLee and TacoBelle like this.
  19. RiotGrrrl

RiotGrrrl Active Member

Money:
    5,165⛀
    LOL, that's twice now. Make me laugh one more time you win a prize!

20. RiotGrrrl

RiotGrrrl Active Member

Money:
    5,165⛀
    I keep coming back to Grapes of Wrath as my all time favourite book. Just about any other Steinbeck novel. Tim Winton or Helen Garner if you want some Australian literature in your diet.

Non Fiction: The God Delusion