WTF?! (Strange But True Facts)

Discussion in 'Hangouts, Games and Banter' started by TallulahBlue, Jan 25, 2018.

1. CrystalMarker

CrystalMarker Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Another Emotion That People Feel But Can't Explain

Monachopsis - the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place

2. TallulahBlue

TallulahBlue Well-Known Member

Money:
    23,015⛀
    Leslie Coffelt was the first, and to date only, Secret Service agent killed in the line of duty while protecting a US p.resident. He was gunned down November 1, 1950, while protecting Harry S Truman from an armed attack.

Peacecountry, Garm and CrystalMarker like this.
  3. TallulahBlue

Money:
    23,015⛀
    Many of you might already know this, but I just recently found this out and my mind is still blown that I never noticed this before. So hopefully there are at least a few people to whom this will be a revelation!

The FedEx logo is one of the most recognized in the world. But did you know there is an arrow "hidden" in plain sight within the logo? Between the "E" and the "x"
    [​IMG]
    If you already knew, then never mind! If you are like me, and never realized it before despite seeing this logo thousands of times, don't worry. You will see it every single time you look at it from this day forward.

Kris1973, witchygirl, Dcdevon and 3 others like this.
  4. CrystalMarker

5. Alpha-Wolf

Alpha-Wolf Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    17,507⛀
    Wolves were once the most widely distributed land predator the world has ever seen. The only places they didn’t thrive were in the true desert.

6. TallulahBlue

Money:
    23,015⛀
    Former New Jersey governor Chris Christie, who left office a little over a week ago, became the first New Jersey governor to not break a leg while in office since the 1990's.

In 1999, former governor Christine Todd Whitman broke her leg while skiing in Switzerland. In 2004, her successor Jim McGreevey broke his leg after a fall. And in 2007, his success Jim Corzine broke his leg in a car crash. Christie likely broke the record for fastest decline in approval ratings, but he didn't break his leg!

As a side note to this, the ex-governors all kept their broken legs in step with their political leanings. Whitman, a republican, broke her right leg. McGreevey and Corzine, both democrats, fractured their left legs.

7. CrystalMarker

8. Kelsey12

Kelsey12 Well-Known Member

At work yesterday, we flushed the masker air system out and found an eel skeleton about a foot or so long. The strange part - it's a closed system except for a series of 3/64 inch holes.. about the size of a medium sewing needle.

9. Alpha-Wolf

Money:
    17,507⛀
    Wolves have about 200 million scent cells. Humans have only about 5 million. Wolves can smell other animals more than one mile (1.6 kilometers) away.

10. Gdawg98

Gdawg98 Well-Known Member

Money:
    2,785⛀
    It may be a repeat... but did you know oranges aren’t actually orange? They are green the entire growth process and are died when brought into the factory so they will catch the eye and you’ll know it’s an orange.

CrystalMarker and TallulahBlue like this.
  11. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,043⛀
    A man named Ben Greenfield recently injected his dick with stem cells to try to make it bigger. Claims it worked but he can't measure because' the size fluctuates ' ...Ok ...But his wife claims it ' feels bigger inside her' ...Ok

12. TallulahBlue

Money:
    23,015⛀
    I injected my cheesecake with stem cells to try to make it bigger, but no dice...

13. TallulahBlue

Money:
    23,015⛀
    English author George Eliot, who wrote such classics as Silas Marner, Middlemarch, and Daniel Deronda, was one of the leading novelists of the Victorian Era. However, unbeknownst to everyone at the time (and many still today), George Eliot was just a pen name. Eliot's actual name was Mary Anne Evans.

[​IMG]

She chose to use a male name believing it was the only way her works would be taken seriously.

14. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,043⛀

CrystalMarker and TallulahBlue like this.
  15. CrystalMarker

16. CrystalMarker

17. Peacecountry

Peacecountry Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    7,155⛀
    This cracked me up. Thanks for being such a loveable nut, Kacey. :D

Lakeside and CrystalMarker like this.
  18. Alpha-Wolf

Money:
    17,507⛀
    The North American gray wolf population in 1600 was 2 million. Today the population in North America is approximately 65,000. The world population is approximately 150,000.

This fact makes me sad... :(

19. Stock

Stock New Member

Money:
    25⛀
    60% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

20. CrystalMarker

This is very sad!

Kris1973, Alpha-Wolf and TallulahBlue like this.