Information You now have the option to delete your own account

Discussion in 'FreeChatNow Help & Support' started by Stanthropical, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,884⛀
    Click on your user name in the upper right corner of any page and you’ll see “Account Delete” option.

You cannot change your username. https://www.freechatnow.com/forum/threads/change-your-username.23373

DeleteAccount.png

AFTER GOING THROUGH THE ACCOUNT SELF-DELETE PROCESS, LOG OUT OF FORUM, LOG OUT OF CHAT AND CLEAR COOKIES/WEB BROWSER CACHE/WEB DATA RELATED TO FREECHATNOW.COM. Should you decide to return, it may help to avoid technical difficulties when re-registering and using chat.

2. FallenFreya

FallenFreya Guest

Stupid question time.

Does that delete all of your content off threads, comments on others walls etc?

Samiir222000 and imursecretbaby like this.
  3. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,884⛀
    No, because if a user created epic amount of content that’s intertwined with epic amount of other content, it would cause an epic amount of content wreckage.

4. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,884⛀
  5. xyzrp

xyzrp Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Say we delete the account, what happens to our username?
    Is it up for the grabs by anyone or is there some restriction regarding that?

6. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Having seen an account that I guess was deleted. The name stays as taken, but it lists them as a Guest in the forum instead.

xyzrp likes this.
  7. xyzrp

xyzrp Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Okay, gotcha
    Thanks man

8. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Pleasure, but don't take my words as fact. I'm just speculating on what I've seen.

9. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,884⛀

10. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,884⛀
    #1 reason accounts don't get deleted by the system:
    YOU HAVE NOT CONFIRMED DELETION BY FOLLOWING THE LINK IN EMAIL THAT WAS SENT TO YOU BY THE SYSTEM.

Didn't receive an email, you say? FCN can't teach you how to check spam/junk folders. Emails are generated automatically. If you can't find it, there's a problem on your end, which FCN is unable to assist you with.

Once an account is deleted, it's gone forever. There's no way to recover it.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    LillyK and Thalassa like this.
  11. FJ8760

FJ8760 New Member

Money:
    5⛀
    I don't see my name in any corner of any page either on my computer or phone. How do I click on a name I can't see?

12. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Top of the screen on mobile will look like this.

So top right will list your name.

Screenshot_20190414-181227.png

13. DoM50

DoM50 New Member

Money:
    5⛀
    Hi; I've tried to delete my account several times; replied to the confirmation e-mails, waited 5 days before checking again and I am still here. Trying to use the forum etc I get a 'You're account will be deleted in 24hrs' message so have had to 'restore'my account to write this. Any help would be greatly appreciated @Stanthropical

14. YadaYada

YadaYada Guest

@Stanthropical I have tried to delete my account, but still no success. I have gone through this process several times throughout the years. Email is there, verification successful, but no progress afterwards. A seemingly simple request just not going through.

15. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,884⛀
    Log out and don't use. A seemingly simple solution not being used by you.

16. YadaYada

YadaYada Guest

Right.

17. YadaYada

YadaYada Guest

It is ironic that there is a thread confirming accounts can be deleted even though this feature does not actually work.

FlairChung and Getitup like this.
  18. Ayesha1992

Ayesha1992 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    829⛀
    I would love if someday i decide to leave this site, I have the option to purge all my pics.

19. Esoterix

Esoterix Zookeeper

Content wouldn’t be deleted, for reasons already stated above.
    My advice, assume every photo you post on the internet could/will be out there forever and seen by anyone.

20. Ayesha1992

Ayesha1992 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    829⛀
    I know that..I am not saying to implement it or something.. Just wanted to put it out there :p