Archived New Rooms: Give us your feedback! (Old Chat 2017)

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by vitriolicv, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregO

GregO New Member FCN Regular

As it was described, the reason to create new rooms is not philosophical or to give you a chance to practice certain languages. The point is to reduce traffic in Sexchat (and other fast scrolling chats) and to create meaningful rooms that actually have enough traffic to justify them. I don't think I have seen anyone ask for French/Russian/Dutch interaction at all. I do realize you were probably playing the devils advocate by suggesting them, but I think there is a clear distinction in the effect those ideas would have compared to the more serious ones. Culturally speaking it would not make sense either. It's basically about what people seek and whether there are enough members looking for this type of interaction.

Much of the traffic in Sexchat is highly specific and deals with guests very narrowly seeking contact with only a very specific subgroup of other users based on sexuality/culture/language/gender/fetish/etc. What some of the suggestions above have tried to do is propose topical rooms for those larger sub-interests/sub-groups. While some of the ideas may not be desirable to the owner, the reasoning behind them is logical (such as bigger groups of sexualities and the Indian culture).

I think there are a lot of well thought through and well meant suggestions in this thread and the tone tone and spirit in which they have been made has been quite civil and open minded. I for one really welcome that very positive attitude. It's rare to find online and I think we should do our best to maintain that even with this topic being one that people tend to get passionate about.

I think you are jumping to conclusions. No one has talked about forcing anyone out. It's about choices.

As for what you call "annoying" the whole premise of the thread is that certain chats scroll too fast and it would be nice to slow the scrolling down. To do that, splitting the chat into more chats is needed whichever words we use to describe it. It's extremely hard to follow conversations (let alone click on the right username) a lot of the time. Also there are users that don't share your vision of meeting people from everywhere. You could say that's their loss but ultimately I think it won't matter. People seek what they seek and we can't (and shouldn't) force them otherwise IMHO.

I don't think anyone here has passed any judgement over others or spoken against the opportunity to meet other types of people, cultures, sexualities, or nationalities. I for one enjoy that opportunity very much. But I do also respect that there are some that would have no interest whatsoever in talking to me for purely those types of reasons mentioned above.

2. CrazySweet69M

CrazySweet69M Member FCN Regular

Money:
    190,210⛀
    whether its hindi, french, german, or gibberish, we tell all of them to type English only in main chat rooms. so that statement is absurd

3. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    Let me be clearer for you as you don't know me yet. Hi. I'm TacoBelle. I am one of the moderators here at FCN. I have been a part of FCN for a long long long time. Trust me when I say I am not jumping to conclusions. The fact remains that the only people asking for a south Asian room are not south Asian, but seem to be wanting to rid the rooms the frequent for the traffic. Let me make it clearer why it might not happen. Free chat now is an English main chat because we, the moderators all speak English, understand it, and can take action when it is needed. English is not my first language nor is it the first language of at least 3 of the other mods. English will always be in the main. End of that point. The next point you seem to make is that I am the one that is being intolerant of Indians, which is just absurd , and your time would be better spent on this thread creating an original idea. K thanks.

CrazySweet69M likes this.
  4. TacoBelle

Money:
    190,401⛀
    I honestly am considering a people who don't listen room.

5. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    8,712⛀
    how about a room for the druggies and potheads...so they can get high in their own area

Phenyl likes this.
  6. GregO

GregO New Member FCN Regular

Hi TacoBelle :),

"rid the rooms" sounds very negative and was not suggested by anyone. As stated, to me, it's about choice. Another user phrased it as "offer" people something. If people have a choice of #sexchat or #otherchat, then some will choose #otherchat if it has a large enough audience and it's a well chosen topic of #otherchat which will lead to less traffic in #sexchat. That is the whole point as it was presented to us. Not to kick someone out but at least, by motivation, to make some want to chat more in #otherchat and less #sexchat. To encourage (not forbid or rid) more traffic to move to other rooms.

My point is that I see these suggestions not made in a judgemental atmosphere (mine certainly aren't) but in the spirit of what the thread calls for.

It's fair enough if some channel ideas are considered and rejected. And I think your reasons as stated make total sense. As I said I do understand if this particular room idea won't happen for certain reasons.

The idea was originally suggested as different-language channel. However, the suggestion (in its purest form) could still be made as a cultural suggestion with the language of the channel still being English. The same rules as in all the other channels could still apply.

Generally speaking I do agree with you that national/cultural channels en masse would be a bad idea but this particular one makes more sense as it's a very large portion of the users on the site. But as mentioned I do get if it's considered and found non-desirable for other reasons.

I certainly neither said, nor think that about you. You completely misunderstood my point. Among other things my point was that it's jumping to conclusions to assume that suggestions in this thread are made out of intolerance by others (it certainly wasn't by me, I do talk to Indians as well as all other nationalities/cultures).

All my posts in this thread have been serious and on topic, some even with original ideas (the thread does also call for posts to support ideas of others).

On that topic, you did previously in the thread suggest that people not waste time on suggestions that have been vetoed. Would it be possible to get an official list of ideas that were considered but rejected categorically? The reasons for rejection wouldn't have to be given if that would be a concern, it would just be nice to know so those ideas don't get suggested again as you pointed out.

I am still hoping for some of the ideas in this thread to go through (your trivia idea for instance would be fun if it could be made to work) and it would be interesting to know if they have been rejected or are still in consideration (and therefore need more support). :)

7. roumbler

roumbler Member

Money:
    821⛀
    Maybe Bi or Bi/Currious room?

8. CrazySweet69M

Money:
    190,210⛀
    They won't listen when we recommend going to it. lol

Phenyl likes this.
  9. TacoBelle

Money:
    190,401⛀
  10. Aju_Malayali

Aju_Malayali Guest

Kerala chat room

11. pacman

pacman Member

Can there be a support room for the depressed? Like a self help room? I don't have any creative ideas for the name of such of group, but I think it would be nice ._.

InTheMix likes this.
  12. Vey

Vey Guest

Punch line ? :oops:

13. CrazySweet69M

Money:
    190,210⛀
    This is not a suicide hotline or a self help website. It's an adult chat site. There are support groups for what you seek. All you have to do is google it.

14. pacman

pacman Member

i know dude it's just an idea ._.

15. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    208,212⛀
    The website is sexually-charged for adults, @pacman.

Psychological guidance space would require dedicated staff/members of some sort who specialize in such issues.

pacman likes this.
  16. pacman

pacman Member

I know man. It is just a suggestion. With all due respect, I completely understand what you say and you don't need to explain it quite frankly..

17. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    208,212⛀
    What was the point of your suggestion, then?

18. DrChaotic

DrChaotic New Member

Money:
    2,961⛀
    It seems like there are a lot of cross dressers and transgender people who hang out in #GayChat and an increasing number of people looking for that kind of chat partner. Please consider creating a #TransgenderChat room. Thanks!

DamianaMinx likes this.
  19. CuriousOnyx

CuriousOnyx Member FCN Regular

Lol nah

20. CuriousOnyx

CuriousOnyx Member FCN Regular

Maybe try a room for new ppl/newbies...just throwing it out there:)

InTheMix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.