A question on U.K politics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dcdevon, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Kris1973

Kris1973 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

If any one works it out please post.
    I ask my daughter who's doing a law and politics degree at uni next September and shes obsessed with it all she also loves may. Couldn't be a teacher or vet, no a bloody political nerd. Proud dad :)

2. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

I doubt that any of us ever will.

It's good that you have a talented Daughter doing a good degree though!

Kris1973 likes this.
  3. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Ok thanks for the perspective from in the U.K

witchygirl and Wales4Ever like this.
  4. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    Yeah you can't type that O.bama , Immi.grant and a few others.

witchygirl and Wales4Ever like this.
  5. BullshitDetector

BullshitDetector Well-Known Member FCN Regular

do you know why we joined the EU in the first place? know the answer and you will realise the public vote IS the only way to escape what the goverment was forced into and any campaigne throughout the 70's, 80's upto now where swept under the carpet to protect the guilty PARTIES. Scaremongering is a total load of bollocks WE WILL ONLY GROW STRONGER and return to the days when Britain had the word GREAT before it.

6. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

The official story is that the UK joined the then EC (European Community) on January 1st 1973, with then PM Edward Heath the man who signed us up after the UK had previously been turned down for membership (General Charles De Gaulle famously said 'NON! NON! NON!' to the UK joining). Initially, we were signed up to be part of a trading platform but it morphed into something else over time.

Beyond that, I cannot say for certain why we joined.

7. BullshitDetector

the U.K was made to be seen to be turned down by the german intellegence office who also had dirt very very bad dirt on the then Prime Minister and threatened to go public if the then goverment didn't follow suit and sign up to th E.U and basically sign our countries future away unless the public were able to make the vote for themselves, which we did and any person going against Prime Minister May is either scaremongering or in anothers pocket. You talk of trade but what do we have to trade anymore it's all been exported abroad and now all we do is consume, look around where are all the small buisnesse's gone that made the rivits that built the ships that built the country we belong to. I'm proud of my country and what it once stood for and can see a very bright future on the World Trade Platform AS WE GO A FEW STEPS BACK TO "IF WE CAN'T BUY IT,FUCK YOU WE'LL MAKE IT OURSELVES DAYS". wouldn't you yourself like to see the welsh number one export return to GOLD instead of Pot Noodles or whatever it is today.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  8. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm just interested in the story now. I don't care about the right wing spin on Brexit. Or the left wing spin. I just think it's an interesting historical event happening.

witchygirl likes this.
  9. BullshitDetector

It's the biggest event in British history since the second world war because if it wasn't for those brave heros we wouldn't be here to voice our opinion and make the right choices for ourselves.

10. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    I agree it's certainly a big event. And the fact it was decided in a vote throughout the UK I find pretty awesome. I don't know if it's a good or bad idea. And I didn't start this thread to pass judgement. I just wanted to hear what the people think . Not the talking heads .

witchygirl likes this.
  11. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

By 'very bad dirt' on Edward Heath, are you perhaps alluding to Haut De La Grange in Jersey and 'Morning Cloud' and possibly his friendship with one Jimmy Savile?

Not to turn this into the realm of David Icke, but I don't believe that these 'whispers' were ever substantiated although I am aware of the potential for covering up stories etc.

It would be my hope as well that the UK does start building again, although if we do it will be for foreign-owned companies (such as Hitachi, Bombardier, Alstom etc.) The UK took its foot off the gas in the 1970s/80s, though some blame the Unions for this and others blame a certain ex-Granthamian.

I'm not sure how much gold Wales has, but yes it would make a great export (especially if you have seen Clogau gold). Water is also a good trading resource, and if Wales can export water (we get far too much of the stuff, even on a Summer's day!) to the Gulf or to areas of Africa which get minimal rain fall in return for Oil, Coffee, Uranium etc. then that would be a great thing. Sadly, with the berks we have in charge at the Assembly, I can't foresee that coming to fruition as they are all very narrow minded and only out to suit their own agenda.

BTW it's Pot Noodle, Wagon Wheels, Shakin' Stevens and Bonnie Tyler records and Welsh Cakes which currently keep Wales ticking ;)

12. BullshitDetector

Yes i was talking about heaths liking of the same past time as jimmy savile. i hope we would be building for British owned companies as the EU should be out to undercut us in other trade deals. Exports from Wales- Don't forget Tommy Cooper DVD's

13. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

I've seen his statue in Caerphilly town centre - quite a prominent local landmark.

My late Uncle told me a joke about when he died on stage, and when I asked how he died he replied 'just like that!'

14. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

15. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    I'd vote for him ! Except the whole I live in the U.S and aren't a British citizen thing .

Wales4Ever and witchygirl like this.
  16. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

Next Tuesday, we will know if it is Hard Brexit or not.

Dcdevon likes this.
  17. Doros_DukeOfSlutshire

Doros_DukeOfSlutshire Active Member

a 1 ago I was joking in a pub thet there will be no Brexit, not with May leading it.

Looking at Brtexit timeline , i bet for 2nd referendum.

What I see is May executing party order to stall. So she did, her strong backing is keeping her in so it is probably gonna work and order will be given for another voting. Obviously May steps down after,gets whatever she was promised and disappears from politics while party wipes hands clean on her back. torries got 2nd referendum and remain in power - splendid, public is being fucked with drumstick on camera..... It' my suspition as mentioned., because if the brexit was really to happen in time, that would need to be fucking almost done with Eu. And for today, they are 1y behind....
    I feel really sorry for Brits, no matter what happens next, up to now it is just a shit show.

If brexit goes, I hope somebody there is with a briefcase, linen with unicorn skin , containing a plan for a actual country economics.

I'm not to keen on what's the future holds when shit like that happens. People want country to produce again, I cannot see how this island might be to foreign business an attractive production plant soon.

18. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

If Brexit does not happen, then expect a full scale people's revolt and possibly war.

I think it will be a Hard Brexit; May can do little more and 'Theresa The Appeaser' knows that she has no friends in politics, and I too expect her to stand down before or during Summer 2019.

Who then replaces her and leads the UK post Brexit into the 2020s?

Dominic Raab?
    Jeremy Hunt?
    Andrea Leadsom?
    Penny Morduant?
    'Bonkers' Boris Johnson?
    Michael Gove? (would be my choice, not that I am over enamoured with him)
    Jacob Rees-Mogg? (the dark horse)

19. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,044⛀
    I'm amazed she has still survived. Someone like her in our system would be eaten alive. And I'm not saying she is doing anything good or bad. Besides TR.ump she has got to be having the worst month in democracy. And actually in hindsight at least he can't be voted out . But she has a job that's fucked because she can't appease everyone and emotions are strong on both sides. I truly hope it works out. With America stuck in a loop of ridiculousness for at least the next two years Europe has got to hold the line. To do that the governments need to be stable and have a United front against those that wish the West harm. Plus I would just like our cousins across the ocean to be in good economic shape. Hopefully it will happen.

witchygirl likes this.
  20. Doros_DukeOfSlutshire

Doros_DukeOfSlutshire Active Member

* Doros_DukeOfSlutshire have for that disaster a a cyjan poison hidden in a tooth , to end i misery right at the start *