How could God be infinite?!

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Queenkit1st, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Ghotitk421

Ghotitk421 Member

Money:
    720⛀
    I believe in an eternal God. But I also believe we don't have the capacity to understand God. Time is relative in our three dimensional world. When you go a dimension up time stops having meaning. It's no longer fixed but becomes a thing you can travel around and through. It's imposible for us to understand this because we are three dimensional creatures. If a being existed in a higher dimentdim, of course that would be God.

MannyMan likes this.
  2. MannyMan

MannyMan Well-Known Member

Money:
    17,875⛀
    Or Doctor Strange, but I digress!

3. Ghotitk421

Ghotitk421 Member

Money:
    720⛀
    I'm not sure what your point is here. Yes God made us in his image, so we look like him. But we are not exactly like him otherwise we would all be gods with god power. Which is obviously not the case.

4. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    How did you come to this conclusion? What evidence exists to support that idea ? I'm curious not making fun of you btw

witchygirl likes this.
  5. Ghotitk421

Ghotitk421 Member

Money:
    720⛀
    Many hours of thinking and talking. It's not something that I feel I can do justice to in a forum. In short I have taken what I have learned from religions and science and found what parts don't contradict. If you want to know more specifically, message me.

6. Quinn99

Quinn99 Well-Known Member

The same way you can mathematically add infinity and infinity. :)

MannyMan likes this.
  7. MannyMan

MannyMan Well-Known Member

Money:
    17,875⛀
    You're going to need a special Gauntlet to decipher that conundrum!

Quinn99 likes this.
  8. tomjazzy

tomjazzy New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    150⛀
    E
    So how is that different then Pantheism?

9. RabidGuineapig

RabidGuineapig New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    125⛀
    The way I see it, God exists outside of this plane of existence, if you imagine the 4 dimensions, width, depth, height, and even time, a possible multitude of dimensions can certainly exist beyond these.

Imagine a being that is outside of all of this yet has complete control of everything, like the author of a book, writing and creating what they see fit. Inside of the story, the characters exist in their world the author has written, time is progressing normally for them but for the author and any other observers reading, they can freely go between pages, read the same sentence over and over, and the author can change and edit anything they wish. The characters within would never know about the existence of the author unless the author specifically wrote themselves in to the plot.
    If this is in any way accurate to how God has created the universe this would explain how God is not only infinite but how he can be everywhere all at once and how he can easily listen to every prayer we pray and interfere with our existence creating miracles, or things that happen that can't be explained with any form of knowledge of our natural world.
    Scientifically, We can not create or destroy matter, yet if the author writes it, aka God, then things can enter and leave this existence as he pleases.

Of course, this is a very rudimentary speculation of how God might be able to do the things he does and it doesn't take in to account the concept of free will. I do believe in free will but I realize it's a very difficult topic to explain, there's no way currently with our scientific tools to "measure" free will, yet I believe the behaviors of humanity can be seen as somewhat of a "Miracle" in itself, mainly in that we humans seem to do things that natural selection would reasonably never allow in other species of animals.

So yeah, long story short, God is infinite and can exist before and for all time because he himself exists outside of time itself and space for that matter. This is only my personal view but I'm not the only one who inks the same way. I hope What I said can help paint a clearer picture of how such a thing could be even possible.

10. BasicBastard

BasicBastard Member FCN Regular

Money:
    1,947⛀
    Evolution versus fiction.

Attached Files:

11. BasicBastard

Money:
    1,947⛀
    What? So you don't believe that god regretted making man and admitted he made a mistake in creating man, giving us free will and using it? That he decided to fix this by drowning every man, woman, and child except 300 year old Noah and his soon to be incestuous family who would repopulate the Earth after a 3 hour cruise...oops! that's Gilligan! I meant to say after setting adrift in a magic zoo boat where kangaroos from Australia swam the ocean to Asia then hop to the Middle East picking up the Penguins from the South Arctic along the way. What were the sleeping arrangements between animals? What were the carnivores fed? Upon disembarking what did the plant eaters eat from a flooded Earth? Any animal the carnivores ate would have become extinct.

For those who believe all of that, I have 1 important question: What was the upgrade that god gave to his 'new' man? He put back the same man that he just drowned, with no changes made. The exact same man that he regretted ever making!!

Even as a fable it lacks of a moral ending.

witchygirl likes this.
  12. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    I stopped believing all that around 12. I decided no more going to church just to be lied to. Even at that age I knew it made no sense .

witchygirl and BasicBastard like this.
  13. BasicBastard

Money:
    1,947⛀
    yeah that's when I stopped believing that stuff but I kept going to church because of all the youth group trips on the bus where I practiced finger diddling the girls under the blankets that we used because the bus had no heater!

Dcdevon likes this.
  14. Lakeside

Lakeside Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    112,922⛀
    Its blackmail

If you believe in me and do what I say, you can have a 'get out of jail free' card

Never give in to blackmail.

Ls x

EDIT:

PS: Unless you really need that card.

Z-00 likes this.
  15. BasicBastard

Money:
    1,947⛀
    If God made us in his image how come we're not all invisible? just wondering

16. Karen59

Karen59 Member FCN Regular

Money:
    487⛀
    In the beginning there was God and She was pure and infinite Energy. On the first day, She took a piece of Herself and gave birth to the Universes in what was called by some the First Big Bang!

17. Karen59

Money:
    487⛀
    God is not invisible, we are just not capable of seeing Her!

18. Karen59

Money:
    487⛀
    God is infinitely wise! She gave us critical thought so we would be capable of distinguishing right from wrong and earning our salvation with Her guidance and support!

19. Karen59

Money:
    487⛀
    Our energy simply returns to the energy that is God!

20. Karen59

Money:
    487⛀
    Evolution is part of God’s Creation Process on this world and on others. If we find a way to keep from extinguishing life as we know it, we may yet reach the state of pure energy that is the image of God!