Mmmmm!!

Discussion in 'Religion' started by LA69, Sep 18, 2017.

1. LA69

LA69 Guest

2. D7ve67

D7ve67 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    12,339⛀
    83246710-466D-47A0-8C7E-8C5027E8FF1B.jpeg

Religion and faith are 2 completely separate things that people often think are one in the same. Religion is 100% man made and has all mans flaws inherent in it.
    If you were to take religion out of the equation, how much death, destruction and suffering would leave this earth along with it?

Lupine, Billy_B and LA69 like this.
  3. LA69

LA69 Guest

Scientific facts means nothing as they are only based on the tested subject. Scientific fact is an terminology to reassure the public but yet a myth in itself. There is no prove to disprove every miracle that happens in the world. From how the simple fact that boy David survived in the jungle with pratically no face to the many people who have walked away from horrific situations without a scratch. Some say luck , some say miracles. Yet to be proven as any.

4. LA69

LA69 Guest

Ooh seriously , a quote fae the biggest bigot walking . I suppose what they quote for him is pc D xxx

5. Vey

Vey Guest

True. 2 words often confused because people think there is a similarity in their meanings. Trust and the means by which people universally exhibit their faith. But we need a few hours to talk about that...

6. BillMUK

BillMUK Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Power of the mind can certainly be amazing, but so can it's fragility. What is certainly powerful too though, is the human compulsion and instinct to make sense of and find meaning in things. Its why we tell stories, and invariably we do so retrospectively. Things happen as a series of disconnected events, upon which we have little or no control, and no means of foresight. We don't like this, it's anathema to us, so afterwards, we tell stories, to join them up and show how they all made perfect sense or find a means to explain those that don't. The bible itself of course a collated example of loosely connected events and coincidences, dots joined up, gaps filled in, meaning found. Is it wrong? Who can really say, it's a story, it's in the eyes of the teller and the reader to decide.

As for the question of god and religion and faith itself though. Well, God as metaphor for the human condition, and faith the simple act of believing in something, in each other, the need to be more than just meat and a collective greater than the sum of its parts, for want of a better word, to have a soul, is that such a bad thing? Religion as a doctrine for people to live alongside one another, to love and to forgive and be kinder to one another, to nurture that collective spirit and be better than ourselves, is that so bad? I don't think it is.

But religion as a literal truth, magic man in the sky and all that? Nah, not for me, and is proven over and over again, a recipe for disaster. Makes a good story though.

7. Billy_B

Billy_B Well-Known Member FCN Regular

If not for the Wright brothers using their mind power to the best of their ability the introduction of flight may have been somewhat delayed. But hey it's a complex world

D7ve67, canadIAN and LA69 like this.
  8. PumpkinPie

PumpkinPie Guest

Religion was spoiled for me as a young teen when the pastor was sleeping with a member of the congregation. Maybe I shouldn't say religion was spoiled for me because of that event perhaps I just should say attending church was spoiled at that point. Personally for me I have had years where I believe in the higher power but there have also been many years where I do not. So perhaps I'm caught somewhere in between not knowing what I believe.

PervGirl_AP_taboo and D7ve67 like this.
  9. LA69

LA69 Guest

I can relate to that. Most people are brought up with some sort of belief system. Through life we consistly fight between wanting there to be something and knowing there maybe nothing.

PervGirl_AP_taboo likes this.
  10. Absolem

Absolem New Member

Money:
    2,146⛀
    What if i were to tell you I believe Jesus is God?

11. Vey

Vey Guest

You're allowed :) But...The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that he did not proclaim that he is God.

12. Muscularjock

Muscularjock Member

Knock knock.
    who's there?
    would you like?
    Would you like who?
    Would you like to learn about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! LOL

13. Vey

Vey Guest

High five , son....God knows what turns you on....Amen !

PervGirl_AP_taboo likes this.
  14. Mizladycocoa

Mizladycocoa New Member

God didn't create cancer and all that. Look at the Devil

15. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,043⛀
    God created all the Bible says. And he created Lucifer also.

16. Nikesh123456n

Nikesh123456n New Member

Money:
    0⛀
  17. nadem7

nadem7 New Member

Money:
    5⛀
  18. Pussylover16

Pussylover16 New Member

Money:
    1⛀
  19. Hedonist

Hedonist He HATES pleasure.

Money:
    247,441⛀
    Regardless how it started, Religion has evolved over time and now is primarily based on fear, the fear of one's own mortality. The arrogant human species believes we are something special and this one life simply CAN NOT be all there is. We do not want to believe, when life's vale descends, our existence ends. Fear is a powerful motivator. We want, if not our life, at least our consciousness to continue existing after the body's life span is reached so because us humans are so special, there simply has to be an after-life, right?

"I don't want to die. Life can't just end like that. There has to be more." < and thus was religion invented, spawned in the fear of of one's own mortality.

'Believe in God, follow the teachings and live forever. ' If you believe the PR, the deities love everyone and we all know, love is unconditional. If the deity truly did love everyone, why does admission to eternity need to be conditional on beliefs? So, either the teachings are lies or the promises are and possibly both. I call that blackmail as it's hardly the method that a 'merciful and loving' deity would employ. It's actually contract law, (offer and acceptance) and that makes Religion a business.

Religion began as a handy way to explain the unexplainable in a time of ignorance. It has evolved into a crutch for the fearful to lean on.

This life is all you get. Enjoy it while you can. One thing about this life, no one gets out alive. :)