Roleplay Finding User Interface

Discussion in 'FreeChatNow' started by Renegade1999, Jul 11, 2018 at 7:22 PM.

1. Renegade1999

Renegade1999 Member

Money:
    2,373⛀
    I have been around here for a long time, the main reason of which is for the roleplay side of it. What I was thinking is, what if there was a new interface integrated into the forums meant specifically for users to find roleplay partners. Here's how it would work.

Every profile by default is assigned one of three gender options: Male, Female, and Other. Every profile also has age, location, etc settings assigned to it, depending on how much of it you have available for others to view. Using this information, an interface could be designed where users would make posts with lengths limited to that of a tweet, or less. When entering the interface, users would be able to either make posts, or search for them.

In main chat, the biggest problem for most is finding someone in their age range, location (for language/on-time availability purposes I hope), gender, and orientation. In searching for a post, users would put their preferences in the filter, and then it would filter out the desired results, with newest results coming first. Of course, given profiles on the forums do not have orientation settings (that I'm aware of), this information would be put in when either making the post, or when doing your search. Once you've found a suitable candidate, the user who created the post can then mark the post as closed, so that users will no longer see it and continue to answer it.

This would help members find other members to rp with, among other good uses. The same interface could be used for user matching, or more. There's a lot that could be done with this, and the base for it is all available on the website.

Does anyone else feel that this is a good idea? If so, perhaps any community developers could weigh in. I have a fair grasp on scripting in Java, but little in HTML (assuming that's what the site is coded in. I could be wrong.)

DISCLAIMER: I am not a member of staff, I am not affiliated with this site, etc etc. I just had an idea and wanted to see the site improve.

2. Renegade1999

Renegade1999 Member

Money:
    2,373⛀
    Oh, and a filter option to filter out guests should it be desired would be cool.

3. Renegade1999

Renegade1999 Member

Money:
    2,373⛀
    Depending on what language the site is scripted in, I might be able to throw something together. All I'd need is a couple hooks. The framework is all there pretty much. It would just need to draw off of info that the forums already has available via the profiles.

4. Stanthropical

Stanthropical a glitch

Money:
    11,305⛀
  5. Stanthropical

Stanthropical a glitch

Money:
    11,305⛀