Tech savvy peeps

Discussion in 'Technology' started by WomenRfromVenus, Feb 13, 2018.

1. WomenRfromVenus

WomenRfromVenus Well-Known Member

Sooo tried to do an update on this particular phone..now it is stuck at logo screen. Clearing cache or tryin to reset to factory settings...did not work. Any suggestions?
    Sidenote>>>>dont hate on the old version, or lecture me about iphones lmbo! 20180212_154628-2.jpg

2. Rooosie

Rooosie Member

Money:
    4,424⛀
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

:^)

3. Stanthropical

Stanthropical a glitch

Money:
    11,437⛀
  4. WomenRfromVenus

(Sigh) nufin....

Maybe my brother can try kies or odin on it. Sad I have to ask a juvy lollll.
    If that doesnt work than pfft! I dont have the attention span for fiddling with pc to fix it. I hate tech! Its in the same category as Math to me....:confused:

5. Stanthropical

Stanthropical a glitch

Money:
    11,437⛀
    Take it to your cellphone provider's store. They may be able to reset it.

(call first)

Kelsey12 and WomenRfromVenus like this.
  6. WomenRfromVenus

K so I called. They said sometimes they can fix a bootloop, sometimes not. Might be time to bury the ancient one? *cue* the bagpipes

7. Stanthropical

Stanthropical a glitch

Money:
    11,437⛀
    A quick trip might be cheaper than a new device. Go grocery shopping on the way, so the trip isn't a complete waste if the device is FUBAR.

WomenRfromVenus likes this.
  8. WomenRfromVenus

LOL I can always find an excuse for ice cream!
    I was joking over not being teased about androids. But tbh I have 3 of them and the cameras absolutely suck on all 3. I only like my LG b.c. screen size is close to 6"

I need to get up-to-date on tech and bang for your buck. Come out of medieval times I 'spose o_O

9. WomenRfromVenus

It generally shocks ppl when I tell them I didnt really mess with the internet for, four yrs. (No I was not in prison) lol
    It's totally true tho. Then in like mm Nov '16 I decided to open a fb back up and so forth.
    Lmaooo Sola asked me once if I knew what a mouse was. But hey, I was around during the Y2K crisis and when Napster was sued. So meh

kama7 likes this.
  10. Darrin69

Darrin69 Member

Money:
    2,434⛀
    I had a bootloop on LG not to long ago. It was past warranty so I assumed I was screwed, however the clerk at the store called them directly and I was able to get a replacement, so you could try that

11. Male_uk

Male_uk Well-Known Member

Money:
    7,814⛀
    That's a name I've not heard in a while :O

If you have a PC you could download software called Odin and directly flash the rom files for your phone although trying to get the actual files for your particular phone will be the hard part.

12. WomenRfromVenus

Its an antique!! Lol

Its toasted. Tried to get it fixed this weekend. Didnt recognize kies and flashing didn't take it out of bootloop. Ah well, isn't like its a huge loss :p
    The phone was just an alterior # to give out besides main. I have another Samsung I can use in it's stead.

The real sucky tech issue is, I have no cell service in my area lmbo!! 1 bar comes in and out. Perk of living in the country!

*edit* i know theres options to boost signals. Im not overly stressed about signal. Actually accustomed to it by this point.

13. Male_uk

Male_uk Well-Known Member

Money:
    7,814⛀
    It is antique, 2012 I think it was released which is an impressive amount of time. I'm even more impressed that there was an update for it, I though they stopped in 2014!

Man that sucks! Not that I answer phone calls at the best of times but that isn't the point :D

14. WomenRfromVenus

Hahaha Tbh you can still buy that one ^^^^ online for like $200 :rolleyes: Learned that while googling!!!

Meh doesn't matter, Ive learned to communicate like this 09NoPhoneZone.jpg

And this

DajZvg1.jpg

MsEvaline and Male_uk like this.
  15. B4uknowit55

B4uknowit55 New Member

Money:
    35⛀
    Hi there turn the phone off then hold down the upper power button and the front face button and the power button all at the same time when it boosts it will come up to the diagnostics screen select restore, it will wipe the phone and reload the original image