Climate Change.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by swm43usa, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,630⛀
    LOL. You have NO idea what you're talking about, do you?

xShygirlx, MarkyG and TacoBelle like this.
  2. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    8,712⛀
    I know more than you apparently. Don't engage me, EVER. It's a total waste of my time and yours.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Deloreonn likes this.
  3. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,630⛀
    According to what?

MarkyG and TacoBelle like this.
  4. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,630⛀
    LOL @ edit an hour later: +Don't engage me, EVER. It's a total waste of my time and yours.

MarkyG, Nikie and TacoBelle like this.
  5. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    dont engage her... she has the smarts now...

Stanthropical likes this.
  6. Huntress

Huntress Active Member

Money:
    57,297⛀
    You're welcome. Now go learn real things.

Attached Files:

7. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,630⛀
    Asphalt cement/concrete, metal, rubber, plastics, glass, toxic chemicals, fuel, explosive combustibles,etc, etc...

All these things are produced by physical/chemical manipulation of various elements, producing unusable and usable byproducts, noxious fumes, requiring consumption of clean water... We aren't sourcing these things from outside of our planet. We're manipulating elements already present on this planet. Many of those elements will never be separated again in our lifetime, perhaps for the remainder of humanity's time on this planet as lot of the crap that we've manufactured will never be broken back down...

You mean to tell me that human activity, which literally consumes earth's crust and separate elements, regurgitating unusable byproducts and atmospheric pollution, isn't significantly impacting earth's climate?

I'm not a scientist, but any person who isn't a scientist and rails against the consensus of the experts in the scientific community is a daft, lobotomised cunt. Just as you're not an expert in chemistry, dentistry, biology, manufacturing, aeronautics, psychology, astrophysics, etc—you're not a fucking climatologist.

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/the-death-of-expertise/

Fuck off and have a nice day. (Actually, have a shitty day, you fuckwit)

8. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,630⛀
  9. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    8,712⛀
    How about um no. We are going to have to agree to disagree. End point.

Deloreonn likes this.
  10. TacoBelle

Money:
    190,401⛀
    It's not like you can disagree with science. It's still going to be a scientific fact. FFS aren't you a teacher or something?

Azenak, Ranaa and Stanthropical like this.
  11. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,630⛀
    Oh Flying Spaghetti Monster help us all if she's a teacher...

MarkyG and LucyLu46 like this.
  12. vitriolicv

vitriolicv Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    119,888⛀
    Plot twist: Autonomous is Betsy DeVos. I looked it up. Backtraced it. It's true.

LucyLu46 likes this.
  13. TacoBelle

Money:
    190,401⛀
    that, i believe....

14. Ranaa

Ranaa New Member

Money:
    1,568⛀
    If we start plantation from now seriously then we can save our future

Deloreonn likes this.
  15. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    I bet a lot of people would take issue with someone saying "plantations are the solution." (That's a joke.)

Anyway, it's going to take concerted global effort to back it up to safe levels, to allow, for instance, Syrians to farm again, to restore global political stability through such restoration of the ability for people to feed themselves, but instead, the countries with the power to mount efforts on the scale required are going to argue about whether climate change is even happening, are going to continue focusing on fighting the people who western imperial powers are turning into desperate revolutionaries (through climate change, imperialism, expansion, globalization), are going to continue deploying bigger bases, more troops, more weapons, are going to continue to fight to secure more oil (and continue to poison peoples' water), are going to continue pissing around and building constituent-outrage about fucking national borders.

The Fucking Moron Right doesn't like to divert a dime from military spending, because "threats," but I guess total human existential threats don't count. $600 billion a year in military spending in the US alone could be used to secure humanity's future on the face of this planet. But it won't be. They'd rather increase military spending to fight threats that they continue to manufacture. (If you're in the US, the left there isn't the left, it is a milder form of the right.)

Capitalism is a failed experiment as a way of life and a way of organizing resources, and it is going to kill us. After that, the planet will be fine, so eco-warriors, don't worry. We may all die gasping, but life itself -- not complex intelligent life, but life -- always finds a way. In Butte, Montana, there is a former open-pit copper mine, Berkeley Pit, that dredged up a lot of toxic material to the surface. It filled up with rain water over time, and posed a severe threat to the local water table. Eventually, certain organisms, extremophiles, bacteria and fungi adapted to process all this toxic shit and thrive in it, were observed evolving there. Microbial life can do this everywhere that we poison the planet too much to sustain us. Life will continue, but not in the form of hominids of any kind, or any of the animals we eat, and probably not a lot of the plants we eat.

I suspect that a lot of rich people have some accelerationist agenda, and some kind of "escape hatch" in mind, and hope to whittle down the population of the world (which is NOT overpopulated, except when population is considered against the diminished capacity of the world to feed that population because of ecological changes brought about BY THOSE WITH THE AGENDA) through climate change so that they can have it all for themselves without popular resistance. They'll preserve themselves in luxurious climate-controlled facilities, feeding on choice hydroponic goods, until we're all dead -- it's not that much different than working in a climate-controlled office building that stays 72 degrees (F) year-round with not a degree of variance. They'll use the aforementioned extremophiles to clean up whatever they need. They'll harvest raw materials with the industrial technologies that we, the rest of us, the not-rich, invented and built and maintained, to feed their appetites for luxury goods of all sorts. Either we kill them and clean up their mess, then start living sensibly, stop overproducing shit nobody needs, or they'll kill all of us. They are killing us right now, whether they intend to or not. But I don't think they're so stupid as to actually, themselves, disbelieve that any climate change is happening. I think they know damn well, but it's important for them to control outrage and get people on their side -- people who will help their overlords kill them.

TGirl and TacoBelle like this.
  16. NiceGuy

NiceGuy Well-Known Member

Lol Idk About Swimming:eek: Crazy Topic:cool: .... I Think if we All take better care of the Earth:) ...Their Might Be a chances to survive ...but Most people don't care about the earth or how much they are polluting the planet o_O...technology is more Advances and People are starting to live long:mad:....I Think They Should Invent Something That Will Reverse Global Warming:cool: .... If not then the next generation will have to suffer :eek:

TacoBelle likes this.
  17. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    Yes, NiceGuy. Global warming IS bad. Thank you.

NiceGuy likes this.
  18. TacoBelle

Money:
    190,401⛀
    I get what he's saying though, if we had more forests, maybe not plantations, but forests, it would help, however when people turn a blind eye, say its not a real issue, and some of these people are in power, it complicates things. We can only hope that those in foreign countries can pick up the slack until the leaders of the U.S. get the heads out of their asses and realize that pretending its not happening won't solve anything.

TGirl likes this.
  19. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    The rest of the world has a RIDICULOUS, nigh-impossible amount of work to do to counter the US and China's industrial byproducts. They could only slow the trend, never reverse it.

RosaPerks, NiceGuy and TacoBelle like this.
  20. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,630⛀
    I don't think anyone with their sanity intact is advocating for an impossible task of complete reversal. We do, however, have the power to lessen the impact on the future generations. However small individual contributions are, the greater collective amounts to something meaningful.

Lack of relevant education and mountains of pseudoscience regarding the matter isn't helping.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...it-will-cut-power-sector-emissions-60-by-2020

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/15/world/asia/china-gansu-wind-farm.html

MarkyG, TGirl and TacoBelle like this.