Climate Change.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by swm43usa, Dec 6, 2016.

1. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    He's doing it just to watch the world burn

autumn_lady likes this.
  2. NiceGuy

NiceGuy Well-Known Member

3. Spartkatius

Spartkatius New Member

Money:
    12⛀
    No matter what we do, we are screwed. Making an "eco-friendly" car's battery is far more harmful than using a regular, gasoline-using, vehicle for dozens of thousands of miles.

Autonomous likes this.
  4. TGirl

TGirl Well-Known Member

Money:
    6,649⛀
    It's far too simplistic to say that electric cars have higher manufacturing emissions and use electricity that has it's own footprint, therefore the two factors together negate any potential benefit. It's really not that black and white. As with most things in life it's more varying shades of grey.

It largely depends on what kind of electricity you use to charge your car. Obviously, if the electricity you use to charge is generated from burning coal, the carbon footprint is going to be higher than electic generated via hydro, for example. Driving a top hybrid using low carbon power reduces emissions by around 50%

Electric cars are relatively new on a commercial scale and as the technology improves, so will the charge speed, range and manufacting footprint. Even in their current form they offer great hope in reducing carbon emissions, noise pollution and improving air quality.

Improving the way we generate our electricity at source, combined with greater use of electric cars can only be good for our enviroment. So lets not pretend that a combustion vehicle can even compete with a hybrid in terms of emissions. It's not even a contest.

SeriousLee and StickyFingers like this.
  5. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles New Member

Hey have you heard about the Cloud People?

6. TGirl

TGirl Well-Known Member

Money:
    6,649⛀
    Of course I have! They drive alter-rain vehicles in their thunderwear:D

SeriousLee likes this.
  7. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    Omg where can I buy this thunderwear?!?!

8. NiceGuy

_87404210_030712207-1.jpg I be so piss if this was my car

9. NiceGuy

10. TGirl

TGirl Well-Known Member

Money:
    6,649⛀
    One cannot simply go out and buy thunderwear! They are bestowed upon the worthy. According to legend, you have to say "cumulonimbus" repeatedly in the mirror while performing the complicated, lightning fast rain dance ritual of the Cloud people:p

11. GeneR35

GeneR35 Member

Money:
    533⛀
    I think it is a serious problem and after seeing several documentaries on the shortened winters in the Arctic the odd whale and hammer head shark migrations because of changing temperatures in the oceans currents it is something I think we all need to be concerned about. I don't think my home in Miami will ever be under water anytime soon, and I think we are taking steps to help reverse the damage we have done but the earth dies warm naturally too and we just happened to become industrial during a time when it is. So bad timing on our part. I do hope we are doing enough, fast enough.

StickyFingers likes this.
  12. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    8,712⛀
    Why thank you Vitty! Kisses on your facial cheeks XOXO :p:confused:;)