Climate Change.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by swm43usa, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Rudraxxx

Rudraxxx New Member

Money:
    10⛀
    What csn we actually do for that to stop? This is the real question

2. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,316⛀
    Go extinct. And we will.

3. pinkpeony1980

pinkpeony1980 Member FCN Regular

Money:
    921⛀
    I hope that was sarcasm.

4. Sabrina270

Sabrina270 Well-Known Member

Really??? Tell that to the polar bears!! Or start researching and reading...

up2us2gethornyx and Dcdevon like this.
  5. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,043⛀
    She is a complete idiot Sabrina. She believes whatever bullshit the right tells her. So no point in talking to her. If they told her her twat was made of gold she would think she was rich.

up2us2gethornyx and Sabrina270 like this.
  6. Not
    it’s not! It may take more energy to produce but it isn’t polluting!

7. Autonomous you know you are telling lies and we do. You can tell yourself what you want but deep down you know your not being truthful. I’m not perfect but at least I can sleep at night knowing that I am being honest!

8. IAM138

IAM138 Member

Money:
    350⛀
    The whole concept is a bit skewed.
    Yes our production of greenhouse gasses may have an effect on the atmosphere and affect the climate to a degree.

Having said that here is a natural cycle this earth goes through. We had an Ice Age at least once. We had catastrophic volcano eruptions that blocked the sun with ash. It's part of life in the long run on this earth. Us puny humans have little influence. This can all be easily verified by numerous studies by credible science if you take the time to read.

9. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,316⛀
    You do realize that energy production isn't free of pollution, right? Nor is the power delivery infrastructure.

While it's difficult and often impossible to quantify the difference in pollution output of both situations, batteries will have to be retired at some point. How much of battery content isn't recyclable? Also, many areas around the world where battery elements are extracted have ridiculously low pollution control regulation standards. You can add the pollution generated in the extraction, manufacturing, element transport, recharging cycles and end-of-life emissions to the overall carbon footprint of the battery.

Efforts towards renewable energy goals aren't mainly meant to save you money. The primary goal is to curb pollution, which isn't a cheap process.

10. IAM138

IAM138 Member

Money:
    350⛀
    Good stuff however as I said we are puny, fleeting, a mere smudge on the glass of the windows of the earth.

11. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,316⛀
    I didn't read your post. However, have you seen the pollution in manufacturing regions of a China? You cant even see the sky on many days. People are dying as a result of air pollution.

The "puny" argument doesn't hold water because the pollution is directly affecting what we're trying to save—us.

12. I’m

13. Dan44

Dan44 Guest

Regardless whether we are having an influence on climate change or not (which we are), why would we pollute this planet? If there's a better, cleaner way to produce energy, why would we not do it? Why are we holding on to century old technologies? Why not clean the smudge from the glass and keep the glass nice and clean so we can all see through it.

14. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,316⛀
  15. You are right it all ways of making energy is not totally clean and I haven’t mentioned cost it is always more expensive to bring new technology to the point where it is economically viable but I am still in the mind that it is not as polluting as gasoline in the long run anyway.

16. IAM138

IAM138 Member

Money:
    350⛀
    I know the statistics sir. However take into account as I have already mentioned the cycles and natural occurrences this earth has and will bring. For example Krakatoa and it was quite minor compared tot he eruptions, meteor hits and so forth. All of which can be discerned by examining the layers of the earths crust and have extensively researched by both geologist and climatologist. I appreciate your concern regarding the environment but in reality we don't hold a candle to the powers of nature or the cosmos.

17. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,316⛀
    Earth will recover after we go extinct, like all other life before us. But we're trying to save ourselves at this time. You're focusing on the wrong thing.

18. IAM138

IAM138 Member

Money:
    350⛀
    Agreed. Nature has an amazing ability to adapt, evolve. I'm not focusing on anything. I'm merely pointing out relevant information. Should we blatantly harm our planet? No. Does it make a difference in the long run? Not really. Your life is fleeting as well as mine. We have only occupied this earth for a short time in the timeline. As the Neanderthal passed away so shall we.

Take no thought for the morrow. Sufficient to the day are the evils thereof.

19. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,316⛀
    We still need to focus on controlling pollution so we don't live in misery and die as a result of.

Going extinct as a result of a freak event is one thing, slowly killing ourselves with pollution is a whole other thing.

up2us2gethornyx likes this.
  20. There’s not a cheaper way at the minute than to just burn fossil fuels. Why do clever people tell lies to the people that climate change is not real!