Poetry Poetry

Discussion in 'Film, Music, Literature, Art' started by Lupine, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Billy_B

Billy_B Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Oh those rides across the river where the shallow stream runs wide, where the sunset beams were glossing strips of sand on either side, we would cross that sparkling river on a brown horse and a bay, and watch the willows sway and shiver and the trembling shadows play, these are memories to be hoarded of a foolish tail and fond, till another creek be forded and we reach the great beyond. Harry Morant

2. Saximony

Saximony Fisherman Lumberjack FCN Regular

Money:
    34,208⛀
    Waterfalls that flow, down the mountainside they go;
    Hurrying through rocks and fallen trees.
    They dare not stop to feed the flowers,
    rushing to cover her stunning figure as she showers.
    Misty mountain air, blowing through her hair.
    Finding its way to kiss her soft and rosy cheeks, with the air.
    A blueish evening sky, with stars that pierce the night.
    Each star shining bright, to see her with their light eyes.
    Raindrops fall and beg the wind, to help them find their way.
    Hoping just to land upon her beautiful, gorgeous face.
    Nature in all its splendor, cannot help but wonder, marvel at her beauty.
    Gemstones rare and priceless, clamor to be her jewelry.
    Grace and style study her every move,
    copying her to prove their worth.
    Her smile can warm the coldest night,
    bringing life to a dying earth.
    She knows not why or how,
    she affects those around her now,
    but with just a passing glance,
    she can turn the world upside down.
    A selection of perfection, in a woman sent from heaven,
    could make the angels sing, with the blessings she has given.
    Oh to know her!
    Oh to show her, just how amazing she truly is!
    But a mortal such as I, could never accomplish this.
    She is worthy of much more, than I could ever afford.
    She is to be cherished, worshiped and adored;
    A Goddess among us, apotheosis before us.
    How fortunate we are, to witness what is her.

Icy, xyzrp, CosmicGypsy92 and 3 others like this.
  3. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Nicely done @Saximony, really good piece. Imagery really draws the piece along as well.

CosmicGypsy92 likes this.
  4. Saximony

Money:
    34,208⛀
    TY Lupine

Lupine likes this.
  5. Billy_B

And alien tears will fill for thee, pity’s long broken urn, for his mourners will be outcast men-because outcasts always mourn...

Icy likes this.
  6. PumpkinPie

PumpkinPie Guest

Angels dance in the November sky
    Joyous reunion way up high
    Twinkle lights comfort the room
    For only a moment forget the gloom
    Why do they dance up there...
    For I'm stuck grounded here
    Not my time to dance I guess
    Wait in wonder none the less
    Dance dance heavenly friends
    See you sparkle in the end

ClassyCass, WomanOnTop, Icy and 5 others like this.
  7. Saximony

Money:
    34,208⛀
    Beautiful picture of Heaven Pumpkin!

8. Pantohorse

Pantohorse Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    762⛀
    The boy stood on the burning deck
    picking his nose like mad
    he rolled them up in little balls
    and flicked them at his dad

9. Billy_B

And all men kill the things they love, by all let this be heard, some kill with a bitter look some with a flattering word, the coward kills with a kiss but the brave man kills with the sword....

Icy, PervGirl_AP_taboo and PumpkinPie like this.
  10. PumpkinPie

PumpkinPie Guest

Tiny glistener appears this time of the year
    In the windowsill clinging still
    Oh so pretty so intricate
    Magical frost most delicate
    Touch I will disappear
    Tuck me away in your heart ~ keep me ever near

11. Billy_B

THE CIRCLE OF LIFE

cloud_main.png

Man has poor understanding of life, he mistakes knowledge for wisdom,
    He tries to unveil the Holy secrets of our Father The Great Spirit,
    He attempts to impose his laws and ways on Mother Earth,
    Even tho, he himself, is part of Nature, he chooses to disregard and ignore it,

Simply for the sake of his own immediate gain,
    But the laws of Nature are far stronger than those of Mankind,
    Man must awaken at last, and learn to understand how little time there remains,
    Before he becomes the cause of his own downfall,

Man must awaken and learn. Learn to see with the Heart.

Man must care and respect Mother Earth, she who has given life to everything,
    To our Brothers and Sisters the Animals and Plants,
    To the Rivers the Lakes the Oceans and the winds.
    He must realise that the planet does not belong to him,
    But that he has to care for and maintain the delicate balance of Nature
    For the sake of his well-being of our children and of all future generations

It is the duty of Man to preserve the Earth and the creation, The great spirit,
    Mankind being but a grain of sand, within the Holy Circle that encloses all of life.

White Cloud
    (1784? - 1834)

White Cloud was a leader of the Ioway, or Baxoje (pronounced bock-HO-jay), people during a very difficult time in their history. When he was a young man, European American settlers were rare in Missouri and the Ioway were able to live as they had for centuries. But as he grew older and the population of white settlers became larger, his people struggled to live in the quickly changing world. White Cloud worked hard to make sure that his people survived in this new environment. Some of the decisions he made were not popular with the United States government and others made some of his own people angry.

Legacy

As a leader of the Ioway, it was White Cloud’s job to make sure that his people had everything they needed to survive. But as settlers flooded onto the Ioways’ land in Iowa and Missouri, that job became very difficult. While some wanted him to resist the white settlers, White Cloud believed that the Ioways could only survive by working with them. After the United States government took over Missouri, White Cloud accepted the U.S. officials as leaders and did his best to follow their laws and advice. While the process was long and difficult, the Ioway have survived. Today they are successful farmers and business people who still maintain a reservation in northeast Kansas and another in north central Oklahoma.

Sculpture of White Cloud.

This statue of White Cloud (also known as Mahaska) was created by Sherry Edmundson in 1908 and is located in the town square of Oskaloosa, Iowa.

cloud8_lg.jpg

ClassyCass, Icy, SweetLesGirl and 2 others like this.
  12. Billy_B

ODYSSEUS

THE KING ITHACA

Head_Odysseus_MAR_Sperlonga.jpg

"Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone and wonder, who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved?"

-Odysseus (Troy)

Odysseus (/oʊˈdɪsiəs, oʊˈdɪsjuːs/; Greek: Ὀδυσσεύς, Ὀδυσεύς [odysse͜ús]), also known by the Latin variant Ulysses (US: /juːˈlɪsiːz/, UK: /ˈjuːlɪsiːz/; Latin: Ulyssēs, Ulixēs),
    was a legendary Greek king of Ithaca and the hero of Homer's epic poem the Odyssey. Odysseus also plays a key role in Homer's Iliad and other works in that same epic cycle.
    Husband of Penelope, father of Telemachus, and son of Laërtes and Anticlea, Odysseus is renowned for his intellectual brilliance, guile, and versatility (polytropos), and is hence known by the epithet Odysseus the Cunning (mētis, or "cunning intelligence"). He is most famous for his nostos or “homecoming”, which took him ten eventful years after the decade-long Trojan War.

13. Billy_B

14. PumpkinPie

PumpkinPie Guest

Thank you, very sweet comment

15. PumpkinPie

PumpkinPie Guest

Low weary again for let it happen
    Let down with glimpse of true self
    It's same -it's the same old dance
    Selfish and disrespectful words
    Echo across my trusting mind
    Be strong be true to self

ClassyCass, Icy and SweetLesGirl like this.
  16. Very nice lupine are you a poet

17. I'm nowhere in front of you guys
    BTW loved your poetries and will be waiting for the next one :)

18. Lupine

Lupine Guest

I would go so far as to call myself a poet. I can when in the right mood direct myself to write poetry.

Unused to be a lot better at it. I regret old age has perhaps made me lazy.

The_Gentleman4U likes this.
  19. Vey

Vey Guest

Perhaps ? I'm sure about that :rolleyes:

Lupine likes this.
  20. Saximony

Money:
    34,208⛀
    I knew you before you were born, but not what you would become.
    I saw you open your eyes, for the very first time. I gave you your name, and called you mine.
    I told you stories every night, and sang sweet lullabies. I tucked you in your bed.
    I did not always give you what you wanted; but what was best for you instead.
    I prayed for God to watch over you, and protect you everyday. Even when I knew It was over, for you I decided to stay.
    I told you corny jokes. I fixed things you broke. I watched you grow, and gave you space. I solved your problems,
    forgave your mistakes. I paid all the bills.
    I marveled at your skills. I fought with you, for you. I cried with you, for you.
    Now as tears roll down my cheek writing words you will never read, I am left with nothing, no words do we speak.
    How did I let this happen, how was I so weak? The strong man I once was, now brought down to his knees.
    I think of my dear Father, and what he is to me, It is more than I can bear, knowing that I'll never be....that
    source of strength and wisdom, a person to which you can lean, someone that you can trust, someone you can tell
    everything. The man my Father was and is to me. Through all of my faults, disappointments, shortcomings, failures,
    failed promises, things you remember that I cant even think of, One thing will never ever change my son.....
    thats a Father's unending eternal love. Gladly will i lay down my life for you, without hesitation.
    You are and will always be, my most wonderful creation. More precious to me are you, than anything on earth.
    No matter what you think of me, in my thoughts you are always first. I hope that when someday, this cruel world
    takes me away, you will have at least one fond memory of us, one nice thing to say. I may not have been, the best
    Father in your eyes, but to me you'll always be, the best son a dad could see. I love you to the moon the stars
    the sun and back, and even farther than that. Im sorry for all the things I did wrong.
    If you ever read this letter, perhaps it will make things just a little bit better.
    And one day maybe, when your a man, you'll have a son of your own, and then you'll understand....
    just what you mean to me. I love you for eternity.

Lie to me, I will understand.
    Cut me, I will bleed tears of forgiveness.
    Burn the bridge between us, I will build it again, no matter how many times you destroy it.
    Curse me, I will pray for you everyday.
    Hate me, I will never stop loving you.
    Shut me out, I will never stop sending ILY'S.
    I will wait, for however long it takes.
    I will suffer one million heartbreaks.
    Hoping and praying for that day, you will return to me.
    I will welcome you with open arms, and rejoice to the heavens above.
    There is no limit to a Father's Love.

DreamerGirl1, WomanOnTop, Icy and 2 others like this.