Would You Want Live Forever Trough Science

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by SeaPaganLady, Mar 25, 2018.

1. SeaPaganLady

SeaPaganLady Well-Known Member

Money:
    199,513⛀
    Well I would do it because I'am so vein but not in a bad way but I want a new upgarded body of my choosing one that is way more beautiful than my current body and I also would clone myself and a soulmate so me and my new sisters would never be alone. 10 cloned sisters will be my limit but I want to be the first and oldist of my said twins along with up to 10 boyfriends or girfriends maybe even both.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. Lakeside

Lakeside Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    112,922⛀
    Part of me would like to see how the world evolves over the millennia, but the thought of watching a loved one grow old and pass away, again, and again.. I think you would end up callous and uncaring. The 'Dorian Grey' effect.

Ls x

CosmicGypsy92, Lupine and Mrckdrsm like this.
  3. Andy32

Andy32 Guest

I love this question, and will debate at length with anyone on it! I think if, globally, we could end natural mortality it would cause a great step change in human understanding - hopefully it would awaken us to dealing in the longer term, putting resources into exploration (into the stars) and conservation of what we, as a collective, have - rather than current individualistic accumulation because people are acting in a limited window of existence.

But I guess I'm an extreme optimist in this area - I can also see the arguments for total societal meltdown, war, famine etc... I just think people (especially younger generations) are better than that generally.

If it was only me getting the option, I think I'd probably have to pass - I'd be worried about what that would do to the psyche in the long term.. There's a huge amount of loss you are going to suffer - as Lakeside said, I think it would harden you in unpleasant ways.

Great question SeaPaganLady!

Lakeside likes this.
  4. Andy32

Andy32 Guest

If you lived on would you age as well? because that would suck! Or do you get to pick when you stop? Also I assume people would still be mortal (i.e don't go jumping off buildings etc) but general old age wouldn't be a killer, and diseases/accidents would be more treatable than now

Mrckdrsm likes this.
  5. themysterygirl

themysterygirl New Member

Money:
    41⛀
    Why not it will be exciting and adventurous. But, immortality will be profitable only if it is coupled with strength, youthfulness and intelligence.

Andy32 likes this.
  6. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,511⛀
    logically, it would be very hard on yourself to live forever. You would always have to make sure you never stay close to anyone or form any bonds because you know they will one day perish while you will stay the same. Depending on how your mind gets transmitted to a new body you may or may not retain thoughts of your old body. If you do then you would be haunted by every living memory that you wish you could take back. If it is a total reboot then you would have to relearn experiences all over again. You can pick and choose science.

CosmicGypsy92 likes this.
  7. Lupine

Lupine Guest

No, there are many reasons for this. As @SexyAsianBitch has mentioned about connections etc and they mirror my own thoughts I won't repeat.

But also as soon as someone works out you can live longer they are going to want to as well. That puts your life under threat as perhaps some blood won't be enough and if it is more people will want more and more.

Lakeside likes this.
  8. Runswithscissors17

Runswithscissors17 Active Member

Money:
    1,056⛀
    No I wouldn't want to live forever...but I do hope the memories of me of last forever...

OneKnight likes this.
  9. Lakeside

Lakeside Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    112,922⛀
    If everyone lived on, then births would have to cease. The birth rate is already exceeding the death rate and the planet is quickly heading towards over-population now. If that was the case, the primary reason life exists would be gone (Procreation) and with no births, evolution would stop. Every new generation contributes to the science of the previous generation so scientific advancements would slow and eventually stop as the current scientific evolutionary standard was reached.

Ls x

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  10. HandsomeDevil

HandsomeDevil Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,675⛀
    If i could have an endless supply of weed...sure why not :D

11. Lamar56

Lamar56 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,516⛀
    No . This World is too crazy for me now !! I can't imagine what it will look like in 30 years ; let alone forever .

12. SeaPaganLady

Money:
    199,513⛀
    I guess I'am just crazy like that lol because life is a party and I definantly want to have more of me to go around lol.

13. InvincibleLight

InvincibleLight Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    29,830⛀
    I would not want to live forever. Death is like an old friend that relieves you of your pain and misery once your time is up, and it is to be longed for, to be appreciated, not despised and avoided.

14. SeaPaganLady

Money:
    199,513⛀
    Nice post says the goth girl.

InvincibleLight likes this.
  15. Quinn99

Quinn99 Well-Known Member

I would just want to be uploaded, not necessarily ‘live forever.’ I don’t want to be trapped in this body forever.

16. MannyMan

MannyMan Well-Known Member

Money:
    17,875⛀
    I'm a Highlander, so I'm kinda stuck in here 'til someone beheads me... #Quickeningcantcomesoonenough

17. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    Nah. I don't feel like living forever would be worth it.

18. afghamistam

afghamistam New Member

Money:
    254⛀
    Nope. I’m actually rooting for the legalization of euthanasia.

19. RJ0

RJ0 New Member

Money:
    26⛀
    I would like to live forever plus it would force human kind to live better and achieve much more plus no one would have to reproduce as much, plus when your body is bad just make a new one